[TW5] Host on github for free without any git knowledge or software installation

瀏覽次數:2,702 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月24日 下午2:58:382015/9/24
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Motivated for Matabele's post about how and where host tiddlywiki files I want to announce that I have been investigating and looking for a way to do this easily on Github pages.
We all love Github pages. They are an easy,reliable and cheap way to host static sites. TiddlyWiki is a single page web application that can be hosted as a single html file. The problem with it is that there is not an easy fast way to host a tiddlywiki file on github pages... until now.

I have created a repository/tutorial to host a tiddlywiki on your own Github pages repository. Following it you will be able to have your own wiki up and runing in less than 10 minutes without any git or Github Knowledge and without installing any software on your computer:

Sounds pretty neat uh?

@Jeremy, If you feel that this could be useful, feel free to add it to the community resources. Maybe I can create a small tiddler pointing to the tutorial. In fact it is similar to "hosting a tiddlywiki on dropbox", so it can be a tiddler of the same category.

Questions, ideas, doubts and pull requests are very welcome.

Regards

I just added suppor for gitlab pages. The workflow is much easier, is just a matter of clonning the repository on your gitlab account. For the momment please ignore the readme, it is the version of github.

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月24日 下午3:21:102015/9/24
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo

Many thanks -- will follow your instructions and hope for the best :-)

regards

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月24日 下午4:01:042015/9/24
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo

Works like a charm -- I have your demo site up and running -- shouldn't take much longer to publish my wiki :-)

regards

On Thursday, 24 September 2015 20:58:38 UTC+2, Danielo Rodríguez wrote:

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月24日 下午4:12:492015/9/24
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2015, 22:01:04 (UTC+2), Matabele escribió:
Hi Danielo

Works like a charm -- I have your demo site up and running -- shouldn't take much longer to publish my wiki :-)

regards

Nice! Let me know how good/bad is your experience creating/editing new tiddlers.

Have you found any blocking point following the instructions? Something not clear?

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月24日 下午5:36:242015/9/24
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi

No problems -- instructions were easy to follow. The only hitch I had was at stage 14: it was not clear at first, that changes would only be evident on switching to the 'Current' page once an edit at Github had been committed and had propagated to Travis-ci (which took a little time.) At first I expected to see something the moment I switched back to the 'Current' page (I was also a little disconcerted by the absence of a 'Save' button in the settings page.)

From there on I shall be taking a different route -- I will: Clone the repository to my Mac with SourceTree; Open the local branch in SourceTree; Edit tiddlers with my favoured editor (currently playing around with Light Table); Commit and push changes back to Github.

I'll see how things work out -- also need to go through the process of cloning the demo wiki and creating another wiki. Might be useful to place a link on the readme.md, pointing back to your master repo.

regards

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月24日 下午6:29:562015/9/24
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2015, 23:36:24 (UTC+2), Matabele escribió:
Hi

Hello Matabele

No problems -- instructions were easy to follow. The only hitch I had was at stage 14: it was not clear at first, that changes would only be evident on switching to the 'Current' page once an edit at Github had been committed and had propagated to Travis-ci (which took a little time.)

The point after that specifies: The build process happens **every time you push a change to your repository**. Anyway, I have enforced that sentence, so now that part is in bold and I think it's more clear.

At first I expected to see something the moment I switched back to the 'Current' page (I was also a little disconcerted by the absence of a 'Save' button in the settings page.)

I have added another sub point to step 13 to specify that settings are saved automatically.

From there on I shall be taking a different route -- I will: Clone the repository to my Mac with SourceTree; Open the local branch in SourceTree; Edit tiddlers with my favoured editor (currently playing around with Light Table); Commit and push changes back to Github.

Well, that is absolutely fine, but I wanted to provide a way 100% free of git or software installation of any kind. You took a midpoint solution, because you are using git, but you don't need node to be installed.

I'll see how things work out -- also need to go through the process of cloning the demo wiki and creating another wiki. Might be useful to place a link on the readme.md, pointing back to your master repo.

Good idea. I added a title that links to my repository.

I'm curious: Why is your readme.md link pointing to a particular readme?

I also want to ask you: Do you know how to add/remove plugins? I'm thinking about adding a section about that. Should it be useful or it is too easy? Currently only TW5 official plugins are supported, but I can consider add a list of "other" plugins to choose from.

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月24日 晚上10:58:112015/9/24
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo

I have read your revised Readme -- the instructions at step 14. are now clear.

Now, if I go to your repository and try and clone another copy, I am returned to my existing branch. Seems that Github recognises the forked copy, even though I have changed the name of my repository (neither can I fork my own copy to create another repo.)

regards

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月24日 晚上11:35:292015/9/24
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danielo,

This looks really interesting, and I'm planning to try it out. As @Jeremy pointed out to me earlier, my current solution for a publicly accessible TW5 wiki, hosting it on Google Drive, is going to be deprecated within a year, so I might as well give this a go instead. I'll apologise here in advance, because I am really going to put your claim to the test....

in less than 10 minutes without any git or Github Knowledge

We'll see about that! ;-) I've had a GitHub account for a few years now, but I've only ever used it as a glorified pastebin, posting Gists so that I can ask for coding advice. Since I started using TiddlyWiki I've cloned a repo for the first time, made my first pull request and had it merged with the Master, and now, from following your instructions so far, I also have a Travis CI account. If this keeps up, I'll have earned my "Software Developer" BoyScout badge without even trying! Heehee.

My first question about your instructions comes at Step 2 of "Creating the first wiki". How do I rename my clone of your repo? I know this is a Git skill, not really related to your instructions, but you did promise it could all be done "without any Git or Github knowledge". In me, you have found someone who actually meets those requirements, haha!

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月24日 晚上11:42:432015/9/24
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Hegart

From the recently initiated -- goto the 'Settings' tab of your new repository (at he bottom on the RHS of this screenshot):

regards

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月24日 晚上11:50:442015/9/24
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks @Matabele, that worked great. I'm continuing on with @Danielo's instructions now.

BTW, my singing experience is even less than my coding experience, so I do hope that in Step 3 you meant "sign in". You really don't want me to try singing! ;-)

Oh, and Step 13(iv) says "sabed" instead of "saved". The instructions could do with some proof reading. I'm sure that once I learn more about Git, I should be able do this myself. Sorry, I'm just not confident enough yet to fix these things myself.

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月25日 凌晨12:21:352015/9/25
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I'm now up to Step 14, but when I switch to the Current tab, I get the status message "No builds for this repository".  I'm pretty sure I did everything else right, up to this point. Here's a screenshot of my Travis CI account, from Step 13(iv)...

However, it works! I can view https://hegart-dmishiv.github.io/my-TW5-dev-instance/ properly as it is. I guess the next step is how to get my current TW5 dev wiki uploaded in place of your default wiki. Can we get some specific instructions for how to do that, for those of us "without any Git or Github knowledge" please?

Thanks,

Hegart.

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月25日 凌晨1:36:092015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi @Danielo,

As you might have seen, I'm starting to get the idea of how to edit my tiddlers on GitHub, and my dev instance there is starting to look the same as my dev instance on Google Drive. I had this strange delusion that I could just upload my current dev.html file to replace your whole default wiki in my cloned branch of your TW5-auto-publish2gh-pages. Now I'm getting the idea of how to do it properly, by exporting *.tid files for each of my existing tiddlers, and copy/pasting them into my GitHub cloned repo.

Thanks for this, it is working well. I'm slowly progressing, and will experiment with Prose or Dilinger later.

Regards,

Hegart.

Mat

未讀,
2015年9月25日 凌晨2:50:252015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Danielo - thank you! Considering how tiddlywiki.com resides on github, if github could be a more integral part with TW for the common user it might be a very good solution to get a TW online. (I guess the ideal would be an invisible github backend that TW users don't even have to confront.)

Q: Because you emphasize (in step 3) that providing a meaningful token description is very important and that (step6) there is only one opportunity, I must actually ask what a token is in this context. I'm not sure how it will be used so I don't know how to "provide a meaningful description".

Thanx!

<:-)

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月25日 清晨5:11:562015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi @Mat,

On Friday, September 25, 2015 at 6:50:25 PM UTC+12, Mat wrote:
I guess the ideal would be an invisible github backend that TW users don't even have to confront.

That would be awesome! Right now I'm manually copying my existing tiddlers into the GitHub interface. Eventually I expect that my workflow will look more like this:
  1. View my online TW5 dev instance from https://hegart-dmishiv.github.io/my-TW5-dev-instance/
  2. Click the + in the SideBar to create a new tiddler
  3. Edit the content and click on the ✓ at the top-right of the new tiddler to confirm changes
  4. Export the new tiddler to a *.tid file on my local device
  5. Create the new tiddler again, but this time in the GitHub UI
  6. Paste the contents of the new *.tid file into GitHub
  7. Commit the change on GitHub
  8. Refresh the browser tab to see the changes on https://hegart-dmishiv.github.io/my-TW5-dev-instance/

This all seems a bit much, even if it does give (semi-) instant gratification. There is a bit of a delay while Travis CI does its thing in the background. A solution which completely insulates the user from the GitHub UI would really be great here.

Q: Because you emphasize (in step 3) that providing a meaningful token description is very important and that (step6) there is only one opportunity, I must actually ask what a token is in this context. I'm not sure how it will be used so I don't know how to "provide a meaningful description".

I just used the example shown in Danielo's screenshot, and labeled my token as TravisDeploy-Token. I assume this token is the same as an API key, or similar.

@Danielo, I copied my $:/config/DefaultSidebarTab system tiddler to my TW5 wiki on GitHub, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I refresh the browser tab displaying my wiki, there is no tab selected in the TW5 SideBar.

Regards,

Hegart.

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月25日 清晨6:59:382015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Another trick I'd like to learn is how to edit my $:/favicon.ico file when it's in GitHub. What I'm seeing in the GitHub UI is that there are now two files for this: favicon.ico and favicon.ico.meta. I cannot seem to edit the main favicon.ico file, there is only an option to view it, not to edit it. I have the base64 encoded copy of my current favicon from my old Google Drive version of my online TW5 instance, but I can't seem to migrate it to GitHub.

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月25日 上午11:33:092015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El viernes, 25 de septiembre de 2015, 12:59:38 (UTC+2), Hegart Dmishiv escribió:
Another trick I'd like to learn is how to edit my $:/favicon.ico file when it's in GitHub. What I'm seeing in the GitHub UI is that there are now two files for this: favicon.ico and favicon.ico.meta. I cannot seem to edit the main favicon.ico file, there is only an option to view it, not to edit it. I have the base64 encoded copy of my current favicon from my old Google Drive version of my online TW5 instance, but I can't seem to migrate it to GitHub.

I think your best bet is to delete the favicon.ico file, and then create a new file for replacing it. You can use http://prose.io/ to remove the file, and to create a new one. I think your best bet is to remove both, favicon.ico.meta and favicon.ico and put a tiddler containing the image.

Oh, and thank you for testing this so deeply. Also thank you for the pull request, it's already merged :D

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月25日 上午11:37:252015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El viernes, 25 de septiembre de 2015, 8:50:25 (UTC+2), Mat escribió:
Danielo - thank you! Considering how tiddlywiki.com resides on github, if github could be a more integral part with TW for the common user it might be a very good solution to get a TW online.

You are welcome. Github pages are, in fact, a good place for tiddlywiki to live.

(I guess the ideal would be an invisible github backend that TW users don't even have to confront.)

That is, indeed my final goal. But, I have to deal with a lot of Oauth stuff and I don't have much experience with it. Jeremy's experience with tiddlywiki on the sky would be very helpful on this. I have some ideas, but I don't know what is better, to use an Oauth request (I will require an Oauth proxy), or to ask the user to generate a token and give that token to the TW instance that is going to talk with their repos.

Q: Because you emphasize (in step 3) that providing a meaningful token description is very important and that (step6) there is only one opportunity, I must actually ask what a token is in this context. I'm not sure how it will be used so I don't know how to "provide a meaningful description".

As Hegart has said, the token is an authorization mechanism that allows the script to interact with your Github account. The good thing about using a token is that it only gives access to a small subset of your account, and that you can revoke it at any time.

Thanx!

<:-)

Again, welcome

Jeremy Ruston

未讀,
2015年9月25日 上午11:41:232015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo

My congratulations on this latest development. Using TiddlyWiki as a building block with other tools is incredibly powerful, and in this case it's very useful - I'd be interested in adopting the same technique for automatically building tiddlywiki.com when the content changes.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月25日 上午11:42:442015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El viernes, 25 de septiembre de 2015, 7:36:09 (UTC+2), Hegart Dmishiv escribió:
Hi @Danielo,

As you might have seen, I'm starting to get the idea of how to edit my tiddlers on GitHub, and my dev instance there is starting to look the same as my dev instance on Google Drive. I had this strange delusion that I could just upload my current dev.html file to replace your whole default wiki in my cloned branch of your TW5-auto-publish2gh-pages. Now I'm getting the idea of how to do it properly, by exporting *.tid files for each of my existing tiddlers, and copy/pasting them into my GitHub cloned repo.

I think you should be able to export all of them at once. For your particular case, I think it deserves the effort to use a git client and push all the tiddlers at once. But maybe it is not necessary. The script at Travis is using node version of tiddlywiki, so if you are able to import a bunch of tiddlers using node, you should be able to do the same here. I have to investigate a comfortable way. Maybe looking for html files, breaking them into tiddlers and then generating the wiki.

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月25日 上午11:51:292015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki
@Danielo, I copied my $:/config/DefaultSidebarTab system tiddler to my TW5 wiki on GitHub, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I refresh the browser tab displaying my wiki, there is no tab selected in the TW5 SideBar.

Regards,

Hegart.

That is because you have a line feed at the end of the file. It is not evident when you are viewing the file, but if you edit it you can see that it has 5 lines, where it should only have 4. Remove the last line and you are ready to go. Github/git usually adds line feeds for you (sooo smart! maybe too much), and tiddlywiki does not like them on config tiddlers. I don't know what is worse, git doing things without asking or tiddlywiki being so picky.

Regards

Jeremy Ruston

未讀,
2015年9月25日 上午11:56:232015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo

That is because you have a line feed at the end of the file. It is not evident when you are viewing the file, but if you edit it you can see that it has 5 lines, where it should only have 4. Remove the last line and you are ready to go. Github/git usually adds line feeds for you (sooo smart! maybe too much), and tiddlywiki does not like them on config tiddlers. I don't know what is worse, git doing things without asking or tiddlywiki being so picky.

The need to avoid a terminating line break in these configuration .tid files is a nuisance. A trick that makes them a bit more robust is to use the single line syntax for the text field. For example:

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Regards

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月25日 中午12:01:522015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki、jeremy...@gmail.com

El viernes, 25 de septiembre de 2015, 17:41:23 (UTC+2), Jeremy Ruston escribió:
Hi Danielo

My congratulations on this latest development.
Thank you very much.

Using TiddlyWiki as a building block with other tools is incredibly powerful, and in this case it's very useful

Tiddlywiki is indeed very useful and powerful. Thankfully the web is finally moving to web apps, and this kind of interactions are becoming more common.

 - I'd be interested in adopting the same technique for automatically building tiddlywiki.com when the content changes.
I'm sure a talented person like you will not find any problem adapting this flow to fit your needs. The workflow described here is for a repository much simpler than tiddlywiki.com. It only builds one wiki and in one single branch, but I am sure you will be able to adapt is with no problems.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Jeremy, can I ask you how have you deal with Oauth in tiddlywiki on the sky? How do you get the token for the user? where are you storing your application's secret? If you don't want to share the details here, you can send me an email directly.

Many regards.

Jeremy Ruston

未讀,
2015年9月25日 中午12:15:232015/9/25
收件者:Danielo Rodríguez、TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo

Jeremy, can I ask you how have you deal with Oauth in tiddlywiki on the sky? How do you get the token for the user? where are you storing your application's secret? If you don't want to share the details here, you can send me an email directly.

TiddlyWiki in the Sky for Dropbox uses the dropbox.js library which abstracts the oAuth details, including caching tokens in local storage. Oddly, the application secret isn't in fact secret; but Dropbox restrict the login redirect URL so it wouldn't be possible for others to run the same code and impersonate the same application.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Many regards.

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月25日 下午4:50:062015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Thanks @Danielo, both of those issues are now closed on GitHub. The favicon is working perfectly since I deleted the old one and uploaded a text/base64-encoded one instead. The DefaultSidebarTab is now working since I edited it from Prose.io as you suggested. I tried it twice in GitHub's web UI, but Git instantly auto-added the extra linefeed each time. Thanks again for the help.

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月25日 下午5:32:532015/9/25
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Following on from what I've been doing so far to bring my dev wiki from Google Drive to GitHub, how would I migrate the shadow tiddler $:/core/save/all? I assume I'd need to create a new /core subfolder with a /save subfolder under that, both of which would reside under /wiki/tiddlers/system in my cloned repo. Then I'd create the file all.tid and populate it with the contents from my Google Drive copy. Is that about right?

Also, thinking ahead here, how hard is it going to be for me to upgrade my dev wiki on GitHub when @Jermolene releases TW v5.1.10 and later?

Felix Küppers

未讀,
2015年9月25日 下午6:17:512015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Very nice Danielo! While I prefer using the command line and pushing stuff to GitHub, I think this is a huge step towards hosting AND edititing wiki's at GitHub!

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月25日 晚上8:28:052015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El viernes, 25 de septiembre de 2015, 23:32:53 (UTC+2), Hegart Dmishiv escribió:
Following on from what I've been doing so far to bring my dev wiki from Google Drive to GitHub, how would I migrate the shadow tiddler $:/core/save/all?

As I said, this works exactly the same as the node version, because indeed it is a node version. So, every tiddler that is present within the tiddlers folders will override any system/shadow tiddler.

I assume I'd need to create a new /core subfolder with a /save subfolder under that, both of which would reside under /wiki/tiddlers/system in my cloned repo. Then I'd create the file all.tid and populate it with the contents from my Google Drive copy. Is that about right?

You can, of course, use that folder hierarchy  if you want, but you are not forced in any way. The only requirement is to place the tiddlers under the tiddlers folder, that's all.

Also, thinking ahead here, how hard is it going to be for me to upgrade my dev wiki on GitHub when @Jermolene releases TW v5.1.10 and later?

Each time the wiki is built, tiddlywiki is installed, so as long as tw 5.1.10 is released (or any other release) the only thing you have to do is a commit, and your next build will be using the latest release. This is a cool side effect of Travis system, each virtual machine is "snapshot-ed back" after each built, so you always start from a fresh environment.

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月25日 晚上8:32:482015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El sábado, 26 de septiembre de 2015, 0:17:51 (UTC+2), Felix Küppers escribió:
Very nice Danielo! While I prefer using the command line and pushing stuff to GitHub, I think this is a huge step towards hosting AND edititing wiki's at GitHub!

Thank you Felix. Well, we are CMD guys :D But even being manual command line guys, this is still a nice feature. Imagine you made a small mistake on a tiddler, and you are away from your computer: you can just open github in your browser, edit that tiddler, push a commit and you are ready! I know you like it :P

But I really appreciate your input, you usually have good ideas.

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月25日 晚上11:34:102015/9/25
收件者:TiddlyWiki

Hi Danielo

I am still having problems following the instructions for the creation of a second wiki -- when I visit your repo. and click the fork button, I expect to create a new Branch (named TW5-auto-publish2gh-pages), but I am instead returned to my existing Branch/master.

This might be a git issue, but I'm still stumped :-(

regards

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月26日 凌晨12:06:472015/9/26
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi @Danielo,

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 12:28:05 PM UTC+12*, Danielo Rodríguez wrote:
As I said, this works exactly the same as the node version, because indeed it is a node version.

Sorry, I have never touched the Node.js version, I know nothing about it at all.

You can, of course, use that folder hierarchy  if you want, but you are not forced in any way. The only requirement is to place the tiddlers under the tiddlers folder, that's all.

Ah, okay, I assume this is because no two tiddlers can have exactly the same name. That makes sense. So I could just have a tiddler called all.tid sitting in my /wiki/tiddlers folder, and it would be assumed that it is /wiki/tiddlers/system/core/save/all.tid, right? Sorry, I just want to clarify this before I try it.

This is a cool side effect of Travis system, each virtual machine is "snapshot-ed back" after each built, so you always start from a fresh environment.

I was hoping you'd say that! :D That's great news. It seemed to me that, as @Jermolene's work lives in GitHub anyway, having my own copy of it in GitHub too should streamline things. Thanks for this Danielo.

With regards to @Matabele's question, I thought I'd give it a go myself, even though I don't really need a second wiki hosted on GitHub right now (although I did like Jeremy's suggestion of using this technique for editing the official TW docs). My results concur with Matabele's. Whenever I try to fork your repo again from the GitHub web UI, it brings me back to my current forked repo. Oh, and I can't fork my own fork either. ;-) Haha. Not that I'd need to, I just thought I'd try it to see if that was the answer for Matabele, but no dice there either.

----
*UTC+12 By the way, I just thought I'd let everyone know that Daylight Savings is starting here in New Zealand tonight, so I'll be UTC+13 for the next 6 months.

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月26日 清晨6:31:172015/9/26
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El sábado, 26 de septiembre de 2015, 5:34:10 (UTC+2), Matabele escribió:

Hi Danielo

I am still having problems following the instructions for the creation of a second wiki -- when I visit your repo. and click the fork button, I expect to create a new Branch (named TW5-auto-publish2gh-pages), but I am instead returned to my existing Branch/master.

This might be a git issue, but I'm still stumped :-(

regards

Hello Matabelle and Hegart,

I'm really sorry about this, but this is a consequence of my own ingnorance about Github. You are not able to fork the same repo multiple times, I have to update the instructions, sorry about it. But, you can create an organization (maybe with the name of your new wiki) and fork the project from the organization. I'm afraid that the only other solution is to "clone" the repository and then "push" it to a new repository on you account.

Regards

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月26日 清晨7:26:252015/9/26
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi

No problem -- I thought I was being stupid, so I am delighted to hear this is the way Github is supposed to work :-)

Can I not create a new empty repository and copy the files over to the new repository one by one?

This isn't by way of a generic solution, just trying to get to grips with the requirements of the problem. If I fork my own Master -- all branches keep the same name (and I presume are designed to sync with each other.) I think each separate wiki should preferably have its own master, rather than sharing the same master.

regards

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月26日 上午8:22:332015/9/26
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi

OK -- for those with git installed, this seems to work for setting up a new clone with its own master (instructions from here.)

Notes:
-- the new repository into which you are pushing your local clone must already exist
-- I used Danielo's Master to copy my local clone from; you might prefer to clone from your branch of Danielo's Master
-- several clones can be made in sequence from the same local copy (create a repository for each wiki you wish to set up before starting)
-- in other words:

1. Create a local clone of Danielo's Master

2. Change into the directory containing the local clone

$ cd TW5-auto-publish2gh-pages.git

3. Push this local copy to each of your remote repositories

$ git push --mirror https://github.com/username/first_repo
$ git push
--mirror https://github.com/username/second_repo

4. The clean the local clone off your machine

$ cd ..
$ rm
-rf TW5-auto-publish2gh-pages.git

5. Visit each of your repositories on Github to see if all's well -- then follow Danielo's instructions for each repo. from there on to link to Travis-ci

Hope this helps.

regards

On Saturday, 26 September 2015 12:31:17 UTC+2, Danielo Rodríguez wrote:

Tobias Beer

未讀,
2015年9月26日 中午12:23:442015/9/26
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danielo,

The only other solution is to "clone" the repository and then "push" it to a new repository on you account.

Cloning is how this should be done, imho.
You're not going to make pull requests from that repo,
which is what you use a fork for.
You just want to use the codebase.

Best wishes,

— tb

Hegart Dmishiv

未讀,
2015年9月26日 晚上9:54:292015/9/26
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Once again, with my ignorance of all things Git, does cloning vs forking have any bearing on future updates from @Jermolene's Master?

On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 5:23:44 AM UTC+13, Tobias Beer wrote:
You're not going to make pull requests from that repo,

I did notice that there is the option for me to make a pull request from my fork back to @Danielo's Master, but that didn't seem to be a reasonable idea. He wouldn't want my own customisations back in his Master. I made a pull request once in his Master, but that was only for proofreading some minor edits in his README.md file, and that was while I was in his Master, not from my fork.

Sorry, I'm still learning the Git lingo here. I think a few times in the past on these discussion forums I've referred to "my cloned repo", when I probably meant to say "my forked repo".

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月26日 晚上10:24:122015/9/26
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Hegart

Cloning Danielo's repository places an exact copy of the current codebase into your repository -- therefore, the code that keeps the version of TW5 current in the builds comes with. Updates to TW5 are, therefore, reflected in each build, but any changes to the codebase in Danielo's repository can no longer be merged.

regards

Tobias Beer

未讀,
2015年9月27日 下午1:31:312015/9/27
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hegart,

Once again, with my ignorance of all things Git, does cloning vs forking have any bearing on future updates from @Jermolene's Master?

That depends on whether you are modifying any of those cloned resources. So long as you never touch them, it should be straight forward to fetch and merge updates.

I did notice that there is the option for me to make a pull request from my fork back to @Danielo's Master, but that didn't seem to be a reasonable idea. He wouldn't want my own customisations back in his Master. I made a pull request once in his Master, but that was only for proofreading some minor edits in his README.md file, and that was while I was in his Master, not from my fork.

I believe you always make a PR from a fork, unknowingly or not. GitHub will create that fork for you the minute you make edits. Also, it's never a good idea to make a PR from your forked master branch. Create another branch first with a sensible name, then make your edits, commit and do a PR from that. Of course, while in the Web-UI on Github, all this works automagically. If I remember right, GitHub creates a fork an automatically named branch for you.

Sorry, I'm still learning the Git lingo here. I think a few times in the past on these discussion forums I've referred to "my cloned repo", when I probably meant to say "my forked repo".

One can say there's a big difference between the two. One is simply loading a resource in order to use it and the other trying to eventually push modications upstream, to the core project.

All those versioning sytems can be hard nuts to crack, e.g. it's very easy to (accidentally) commit changes to your master, rather than a feature- or bugfix- or docu-branch... and then wanting to revert that only to figure out that revert doesn't quite revert but rather push another commit that removes what the previous one accidentally produced... leaving those orphaned commits in the history stack. I wish GitHub would warn me more about these things so that I wouldn't fall for the same trap.

Best wishes,

— tb

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月27日 下午1:48:482015/9/27
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi

For my own reference, I have created a repository giving revised instructions for creating wikis on Github pages using git (this follows the method I used to set up my wikis.) If you don't have git installed on your workstation you will need to do so before using this method.

The repository may be found here -- it contains a copy of Danielo's codebase -- you may either clone Danielo's original repository (as described in the instructions) or you may clone my repository. The only changes I have made are to the instructions in the Readme.md

Hope this is of use.

regards

On Sunday, 27 September 2015 03:54:29 UTC+2, Hegart Dmishiv wrote:

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月28日 凌晨2:29:262015/9/28
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matabele,

I have a solution for your problem  creating new wikis, and, as I have promised, without any software installation or Git knowledge. let me know if this set of images is enough:

gh_newrepo
gh_importcode
gh_importurl
gh_importing
gh_importing_end

Tobias Beer

未讀,
2015年9月28日 凌晨2:36:432015/9/28
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo

I have a solution for your problem  creating new wikis, and, as I have promised, without any software installation or Git knowledge. let me know if this set of images is enough:

Looks good, the first image would benefit from the headline saying we're creating a repo.
Other than that, this should be the workflow being used.

Best wishes,

–tb

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月28日 清晨5:35:372015/9/28
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El lunes, 28 de septiembre de 2015, 8:36:43 (UTC+2), Tobias Beer escribió:
Hi Danielo

I have a solution for your problem  creating new wikis, and, as I have promised, without any software installation or Git knowledge. let me know if this set of images is enough:

Looks good, the first image would benefit from the headline saying we're creating a repo.

Indeet. That is in fact the intention, and I will update the Repository readme to explain the new flow. I just wanted to see how well do the screenshots work

Other than that, this should be the workflow being used.

Expect an even better solution SOON

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月28日 清晨5:42:152015/9/28
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El domingo, 27 de septiembre de 2015, 3:54:29 (UTC+2), Hegart Dmishiv escribió:
Once again, with my ignorance of all things Git, does cloning vs forking have any bearing on future updates from @Jermolene's Master?

Hello Hegart,

As Matabele said, the way your repository is configured has nothing to do with the TiddlyWiki version used for the build. Each time a built is triggered, the latest tiddlywiki version is installed on Travis, so you will allways have the latest version, even if you don't want it :P

Matabele

未讀,
2015年9月28日 清晨6:57:262015/9/28
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo

Many thanks -- makes perfect sense -- even easier than your first method (I hadn't noticed the 'Import Code' button.)

For your instructions, I suggest setting up Travis management immediately after creating the repository but before importing your codebase -- that way the first build gets triggered during the setup.

A user may then visit their new wiki on Github pages immediately after completing setup - a little less room for confusion.

regards

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年9月28日 清晨7:59:252015/9/28
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El lunes, 28 de septiembre de 2015, 12:57:26 (UTC+2), Matabele escribió:
Hi Danielo

Many thanks -- makes perfect sense -- even easier than your first method

You're welcome

(I hadn't noticed the 'Import Code' button.)

Me neither. Looks like our brains just "ignore" those features that we don't need at the moment we see them. By the way, github has a lot of hidden tricks, like the "secret" license generator.

For your instructions, I suggest setting up Travis management immediately after creating the repository but before importing your codebase -- that way the first build gets triggered during the setup.
A user may then visit their new wiki on Github pages immediately after completing setup - a little less room for confusion.

That is a great idea! Thank you for your feedback.

Again, as I said, I'm going to announce another, even better soution soon. Stay tuned!

magev958

未讀,
2015年10月20日 下午3:47:352015/10/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
I've followed your excellent step-by-step-setup but I have one question. How do I push my Node-version from my mac to Github without having to create the .tid one by one? I have 27000 .tid-files I like to batch upload :)

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年10月21日 下午2:15:532015/10/21
收件者:TiddlyWiki

El martes, 20 de octubre de 2015, 21:47:35 (UTC+2), magev958 escribió:
I've followed your excellent step-by-step-setup but I have one question. How do I push my Node-version from my mac to Github without having to create the .tid one by one? I have 27000 .tid-files I like to batch upload :)

Do you need to install Git on your machine. If you are familiar with GIT I think that you know what you have to do, if not, let me know.

Regards

magev958

未讀,
2015年10月22日 下午1:15:472015/10/22
收件者:TiddlyWiki
This is my first attempt at GitHub, so very new to it. I did download GitHubDesktop on mac, but when I tried upload it wanted an "commit comment" on every file. Not so fun on 27.000 files!

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2015年11月18日 凌晨2:52:522015/11/18
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hello Magev, sorry for the late response

Try the following:

Install git, not desktop, the actual git. I know there is a MAC version because I had it some time ago.
Then:

  1. Navigate to your wiki folder: cd wikiFolder
  2. Execute: git init
  3. Add the remote repository, the one you are going to use to host the wiki.
    1.  git remote add origin https://github.com/user/repo.git
  4. Optionally run git pull
  5. now run:
    1. git add . (note the dot)
    2. git commit -m "First commit"
    3. git push origin master
  6. Done!
Let me know if this works.

Regards

oleghbond

未讀,
2016年12月10日 凌晨3:38:292016/12/10
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi, Danielo,

many thanks for the inspiring idea and its implementation.

Having tried at oleghbond/about-tw your instruction published at TW5-auto-publish2gh-pages I failed to succeed, probably for I missed something what is trivial for an expert and not obvious for a dummy like me.

What I noticed is a sort of a prescript file named .travis.yml located at the root of your example which actually sets Tiddlywiki running. I did not notice this file in your instruction. After copying this file into my space I did not succed a desired result (log.txt appended).

I this connection may I ask you a couple of questions (by the priority order):
  1. How can manage .travis.yml in order to make tiddlywiki running? (That is actually the main issue)
  2. Can I then link (sync) wiki content at github to my local computer run under node.js?
Grateful in advance.
Olegh

четвер, 24 вересня 2015 р. 21:58:38 UTC+3 користувач Danielo Rodríguez написав:
log.txt

oleghbond

未讀,
2016年12月10日 清晨7:49:012016/12/10
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi, Danielo, again,

Sorry for I've little bit confused you. I forgot to arrange a proper TW file structure.

After all the files have been arranged the build was finished successfully. Then I visited http://oleghbond.github.io/about-tw/, but observed 404-page instead what I expected.

What did I wrong?

Olegh

субота, 10 грудня 2016 р. 10:38:29 UTC+2 користувач oleghbond написав:

oleghbond

未讀,
2016年12月10日 上午9:26:162016/12/10
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Danielo,

at last I breaked through all the turns and get the needed result: http://oleghbond.github.io/about-tw/.

Sorry for many noise for nothing and again many thanks for the good idea.

Olegh

субота, 10 грудня 2016 р. 14:49:01 UTC+2 користувач oleghbond написав:

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2016年12月10日 晚上9:48:442016/12/10
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hello oleghbond, I'm glad that you finally make it work.
I'm curious, what were you doing wrong?

Regards

Olegh Bondarenko

未讀,
2016年12月11日 下午2:46:582016/12/11
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Danielo,

thanks once more for the job done.

I think explanation on two important files, namely: .travis.yml and publish.sh, added into your instruction would allow getting the result a bit more strightforward. These two actually made a stumble stone for me.

I'd like to use your approach further on for some TW5 based projects. In this connection I'm looking for open authorization (or access control) instruments at Github and Github Pages.

Would you be able to point me to the right direction?

Sincerely
Olegh

Olegh Bondarenko
http://goo.gl/bzDZfd

oleghbond

未讀,
2016年12月15日 凌晨2:25:552016/12/15
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi, Danielo

Having used your approach I has successfuly built a single TW5 file at https://oleghbond.github.io/about-tw/.

I tried to build a static html-resource having added aditional code into tiddlywiki.info:

"static": [
"--rendertiddler","$:/core/templates/static.template.html","static.html","text/plain",
"--rendertiddler","$:/core/templates/alltiddlers.template.html","alltiddlers.html","text/plain",
"--rendertiddler","$:/core/templates/static.template.css","static/static.css","text/plain",
"--rendertiddlers","[!is[system]]","$:/core/templates/static.tiddler.html","static","text/plain"]

expecting a working link at https://oleghbond.github.io/about-tw/static.html.

However it does not work. Travis-ci log file shows no errors.

Do you have any idea why?

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2016年12月15日 凌晨3:41:562016/12/15
收件者:TiddlyWiki
I don't remember fully how my script was, but, is it executing the build command that you have created? If not, you should consider adding it.
Also check the output directory, maybe it is being generated but in a different place.

Regards

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2016年12月15日 凌晨3:49:302016/12/15
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Dear oleghbond,

Instead of creating a new command, just add your --rendertiddler commands to the list contained within build:

"build": {
"static" :[ your build command here],
"--rendertiddler","$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline","index.html","text/plain"],
"favicon": [
"--savetiddler","$:/favicon.ico","favicon.ico"],
"readme": [
"--rendertiddler","ReadMe","readme.md","text/html",
"--rendertiddler","License","license.md","text/html"]
}

oleghbond

未讀,
2016年12月15日 清晨7:15:552016/12/15
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Dear Danielo,

it works. I put my command ("static") in front of your build command ("index") and it gets working. Perhaps I'm not enough knowledgable on tiddlywiki.info.

Thanks a lot.

Olegh

четвер, 15 грудня 2016 р. 10:49:30 UTC+2 користувач Danielo Rodríguez написав:

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2016年12月15日 下午2:05:532016/12/15
收件者:TiddlyWiki

Hello Olegh

El jueves, 15 de diciembre de 2016, 13:15:55 (UTC+1), oleghbond escribió:
Dear Danielo,

it works. I put my command ("static") in front of your build command ("index") and it gets working. Perhaps I'm not enough knowledgable on tiddlywiki.info.

Thanks a lot.

Glad it worked. If you think you can improve the docs don't hesitate to make a pull request.

Because I see that you are interested on this workflow, I want to advance you that I'm going to release a small web app that allows you to edit wikis hosted on github with a real tiddlywiki interface, so you will be able to work with wikis at github like it was any other regular wiki.

Regards

Olegh Bondarenko

未讀,
2016年12月16日 凌晨4:30:312016/12/16
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Danielo,

Sounds great.

For the time being I use TW5 deployed locally over Node.js and synchronized using git.

So, for many users your next step would a great advantage.

Look forward to hearing from you, so, please let me know when it'll be ready.

Olegh

Olegh Bondarenko
http://goo.gl/bzDZfd

oleghbond

未讀,
2016年12月19日 下午3:26:182016/12/19
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Dear Danielo,

after certain progress I've again encountered the next stumble stone.

At the moment I've got successfully generated one project - https://protw.github.io/tw5/. I'm able to commit changes and regenerate GHP. So everything OK.

But then following your beautiful instruction I did not manage to fork my 'tw5'. That was most likely a result of my illiteracy in git and github.

After that I decided to create a new project 'rder-uk' under https://github.com/protw/. I repeated everything according to the mentioned instruction. Even reached publishing of single js and many static files (see job logfile attached). logfile is similar to logfile of the first successful project. However, neither https://protw.github.io/rder-uk nor https://protw.github.io/rder-uk/static.html do not work.

What's wrong? Could you simplify the situation directing me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
log.txt

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2016年12月21日 凌晨1:20:502016/12/21
收件者:TiddlyWiki

I can see both pages (see attachment) what is the problem?

Olegh Bondarenko

未讀,
2016年12月23日 凌晨1:20:592016/12/23
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Danielo,

Since I did not manage to fork my 'tw5' following your instruction I was forced to create a new project.

Could you tell me what the issue with forking?

Olegh Bondarenko
http://goo.gl/bzDZfd

oleghbond

未讀,
2016年12月24日 中午12:47:102016/12/24
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Dear Danielo,

For the time being I succeeded to build github pages for two documents (https://protw.github.io/tw5/ and https://protw.github.io/rder-uk/) having modified just a bit your instruction (regarding forking as I told earlier).

Then I decided to build a portfolio site at https://protw.github.io/. However, again I'm faced some obstacle, namely:
  • according to github help I organized a project named protw.github.io;
  • then I added, comitted and pulled to protw.github.io some new tiddlers;
  • then I checked building procedures at travis-ci having the same configuration files .travis.yml and publish.sh. - everything OK.
However, site https://protw.github.io/. renders just README.md, though there is branch gh-pages containing deployed index.html, static.html and folder static/.

Could you guess what's the issue and way out?

Sincerely

oleghbond

未讀,
2016年12月24日 下午3:33:322016/12/24
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Dear Danielo,

It seems I've caught the point. Files type of index.html and static.html are to be located directly at master branch:

github.com/<user_name>/<user_name>.github.io

That's exactly what I did creating a script file staticm.bat for Windows at my comp:
    if exist static\ del /s/q static\ > nul
    if exist index.html del /s/q index.html > nul
    if exist static.html del /s/q static.html > nul
    if exist \temp1029384756 del /s/q \temp1029384756 > nul
    if exist \temp1029384756 rd \temp1029384756 > nul

    call tiddlywiki
    ./wiki --build

    md
    \temp1029384756
    xcopy
    /s/y wiki\output\*.* \temp1029384756 > nul
    xcopy
    /s/y \temp1029384756\*.*  > nul
    del /s/q \temp1029384756  > nul
    rd
    \temp1029384756 > nul
    del /s/q wiki\output > nul
This scheme is inconsistent with building github pages for a project but it workable.

субота, 24 грудня 2016 р. 19:47:10 UTC+2 користувач oleghbond написав:

oleghbond

未讀,
2017年1月19日 凌晨1:46:352017/1/19
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Dear Danielo,

for some reasons I decided to deploy some of my work at gitlab.com. Having git repos, CI and gitlab pages it's a pretty similar instrument to github.

Instead .travis.yml build script gitlab runs .gitlab-ci.yml to deploy gitlab pages.

However, .yml syntax for gitlab CI is different and for the time being I have not succeeded to pass through the whole build cycle.

For instance when I tried .gitlab-ci.yml below:

image: node:6.9.4

pages
:
  cache
:
    paths
:

- node_modules/

  script
:

- npm install -g tiddlywiki

- tiddlywiki ./wiki --build
  artifacts
:
    paths
:

- public
  only
:

- master

According to the gitlab CI documentation after creation all the generated files should be relocated to a special folder public/. However, I revealed no generated static files at repo though the build monitor shows that the static files were created:

Could you help to make  .gitlab-ci.yml for gitlab CI similar to yours .travis.yml.

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2017年1月20日 上午9:29:092017/1/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
What if you try to point the build commands at tiddkywiki.info to the public directory ?

oleghbond

未讀,
2017年1月20日 上午10:21:402017/1/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Good idea. However, some hint is needed.

I've got a build section in tiddlywiki.info as follows:
"build": {

"static": [

"--rendertiddler","$:/core/templates/static.template.html","static.html","text/plain",

"--rendertiddlers","[!is[system]]","$:/core/templates/static.tiddler.html","static","text/plain",

"--rendertiddler","$:/core/templates/static.template.css","static/static.css","text/plain"],

"--rendertiddler","$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline","index.html","text/plain"]
}

At my local computer in creates output folder. So in general the resulting structure looks like:
┬─ .gitlab-ci.yml
├─ wiki
├─ tiddlers
 └─ <tiddlers>
├─ output
 └─ <static html-files>
└─ tiddlywiki.info

However, I've no idea where the name and the location of output folder are assigned. All changes what I tried in the path are relatively (inside) output folder!

Olegh

пʼятниця, 20 січня 2017 р. 16:29:09 UTC+2 користувач Danielo Rodríguez написав:

oleghbond

未讀,
2017年1月20日 中午12:13:102017/1/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Sorry, I've a little bit confused you. Indeed the folder structure looks like:
┬─ .gitlab-ci.yml
└─ wiki

├─ tiddlers

 └─ <tiddlers>

├─ output

 └─ <static html-files>

└─ tiddlywiki.info

пʼятниця, 20 січня 2017 р. 17:21:40 UTC+2 користувач oleghbond написав:

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2017年1月21日 清晨6:05:262017/1/21
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Seems that it is not possible to specify the output folder .
Maybe you can try moving the files after the generation. I mean inside the build script you could try something like

mv output/static /public

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2017年1月21日 清晨6:38:462017/1/21
收件者:TiddlyWiki

Something like this

pages:
before_script: []
stage: pages
<<: *dedicated-runner
dependencies:
- your:build:task
script:
- mkdir public/
- mv output/static public/
artifacts:
paths:
- public

Danielo Rodríguez

未讀,
2017年1月21日 上午9:55:032017/1/21
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Dear oleghbond

I just added support for gitlab. You can base your workflow on it:

Gitlab pages has a much easier workflow, in this case all you have to do is clone the repository and setup the tiddlywiki.info file the way you prefer.

Regards

oleghbond

未讀,
2017年1月23日 凌晨4:04:392017/1/23
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Dear Danielo,

works just fine. My YML script is very similar to what you've suggested - I just missed the line stage: deploy.

Thanks, Olegh

субота, 21 січня 2017 р. 16:55:03 UTC+2 користувач Danielo Rodríguez написав:
訊息已遭刪除

Daniel Cunningham

未讀,
2017年11月20日 下午4:46:532017/11/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo,

I have been experimenting with my own fork of your  tw5-auto-publish2gitlab-pages.  I haven't messed around with either GitHub or a continuous integration tool like Travis CI before, so it was fun learning about those.  Thanks for the extensive effort and clear expertise you have put into this project.

My purpose for this exercise is that I want to share a TW5 wiki (a project that I've been building on my local machine) and I thought that sharing it as a page from GitHub (or GitLab) would be... nifty.

I see that the "user content" part of your configuration is based around a single .tid file, and that it looks like you use the Travis CI tools to use a YML file to auto-generate an index.html file from a .tid file (and then run some other scripts as well).  Is that correct?

My bigger question:  Is there a way to (re) configure this system so that I could upload an HTML file (that is a complete TW5 wiki) that I want to share?  I found out that exporting as a .tid file only exports a single tiddler, and I have an extended wiki with many (as in hundreds) of individual tiddlers that I want to share.  So as it stands right now, I can't use your system to share a completed TW5 wiki from my local machine.  Unless of course, I'm missing something really obvious (which I am the first to admit happens all the time).

I have (zip|zero|nada) experience with Travis CI and/or YML files, but perhaps there is some specification I could configure that would let Travis CI reach in and use a target HTML file (in other words, my source TW5 wiki) and use that to generate the index.html?

The best of all possible worlds for me would be to upload a TW5 wiki as a single HTML file into the wiki directory, edit one or more config files to say: "look for this target HTML file", let Travis CI detect the push event and have the auto-config "magic" do its stuff.

Best regards,

-- Daniel

On Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 11:58:38 AM UTC-7, Danielo Rodríguez wrote:

[...]

https://gitlab.com/danielo515/tw5-auto-publish2gitlab-pages

Olegh Bondarenko

未讀,
2017年11月21日 上午9:34:192017/11/21
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daniel,

thanks to Danielo I accepted and use regularly this approach. Please look at my site github.com/protw and one of my projects https://github.com/protw/tw5 dedicated to TW5 (in Ukrainian) where I put an instructions how to deploy TW5 project at Github + Github Pages (2.2, 2.2.1 - 2.2.4).

The way how to build the resulting wiki is determined in tiddlywiki.info. There you can see section "build" having two subsections "static" and "index" for two different representations of resulting wiki.

Actually you may check these two results visiting the following pages (accordingly):
Sincerely,

Olegh Bondarenko
http://goo.gl/bzDZfd

Daniel Cunningham

未讀,
2017年11月23日 晚上11:16:422017/11/23
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Olegh,

I reviewed your protw projects (nice!) and saw that there is additional configuration information in the "tiddlywiki.info" file.

But I'm not familiar with the configuration syntax, or the "rendertiddler(s)" stuff...

So I'm still stuck trying to understand how to configure a build for a single html file.

Let me re-state my use case, because I don't think I made myself very clear:
  1. When a new user (me) wants to try TW5, I download a new empty wiki file.
  2. I end up with a single HTML file, that I can name to something like: 'my-new-project.html".
  3. (Well, we know it's not "just" an HTML file, it's also whole lot of JavaScript "black-magic" as well).
  4. I get busy & make a bunch of new tiddlers, maybe hundreds.  But to naive user (me) it's still a single HTML file.
  5. I want to upload "my-new-project.html" to my own fork and have it served from there.
  6. I see the current build configuration of the tw5-auto-publish2gitlab-pages system seems to be based on .tid files.
  7. But if you try to "export all tiddlers" into a tid file, you find out that TW5 only exports a single tiddler.
  8. So, you are stuck (it seems to me).
So, I would like to upload this single "my-new-project.html" file into the project space, in whatever appropriate spot is best, and configure it (with appropriate syntax) in the "tiddlywiki.info" file.
  • Can that be done?  and...
  • Can you give my the "tiddlywiki.info" syntax for that?
Best regards,

-- Daniel
Olegh Bondarenko
http://goo.gl/bzDZfd

Olegh Bondarenko

未讀,
2017年11月24日 凌晨1:28:302017/11/24
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daniel,

I'm not familiar with the build command too. Every time I got what I needed learning appropriate examples. For the beginning I may recommend you to start with:

Olegh Bondarenko
http://goo.gl/bzDZfd

Daniel Cunningham

未讀,
2017年11月26日 下午5:59:592017/11/26
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Ah, thanks Olegh -- that's enough to get experimenting!  Cheers!

Olegh Bondarenko
http://goo.gl/bzDZfd

Trisquel Whare

未讀,
2018年6月10日 下午1:27:472018/6/10
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo,

This is the new incarnation of Hegart Dmishiv here. I'm now using GitLab as well, rather than GitHub, and I see that you've got this working there now. I'm also seeing an issue you've raised there about this, and I was just wondering if that has all been resolved? I see that there are a few others here who have successfully cloned your repo on GitLab. I'm new to GitLab, and since my major health issues back in 2016, I'm having to re-learn a lot of stuff. I think I'm now capable of following your instructions again, this time to get this all working in GitLab, but I'll need some hand-holding again, as I did last time. Are you up for this again? 😄

I have a GitLab account and have configured SSH. That is about it so far. I'm running Trisquel GNU/Linux v8.0 ("Flidas") as my desktop OS, and have not as yet installed Travis CI or Prose.io or anything, as this is a clean installation, only a few months old. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer to get me up and running again with a git-hosted TiddlyWiki5 instance.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息