Request to post your showcase items to https://www.reddit.com/r/TiddlyWiki5 in addition to the group.

Riz

Sep 15, 2016, 6:08:21 AM9/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Twederation is coming by. Nevertheless, I feel a normal user needs to know about TiddlyWiki from some place. I personally learned about it in a reddit discussion, far below in a obscure comment while searching for a cross platform note taking application.

Reddit has a appealing user base. I do not see why such a platform ought not be used to tell more people about tiddlywiki. A subreddit has been created with a basic sidebar and a Wiki with links to major resources relating to tiddlywiki,

There is already another subreddit. But that is dead beyond revival. The moderator can't be reached either.

At worst, it will act as a repository of interesting tiddlywikis generated by existing users.

If you are an existing reddit user with a Karma above 500 pts or if you are an active developer of tiddlywiki, I would be more than happy to share the moderater privileges.

Danielo Rodríguez

Sep 15, 2016, 8:39:34 AM9/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
That's it's a great idea!
I'll check my punctuation and come back to you if I don't have enough.

Regards

Josiah

Sep 15, 2016, 10:46:21 AM9/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Riz

Anything that widens presentation of TW5.

I mentioned the Reddit initiative just now on @TiddlyTweeter (www.twitter.com/tiddlyTweeter).

BTW, significant resources on TW5 include Jeremy Ruston on Twitter at @Jermolene & @TiddlyWiki and the French @TiddlyWikiFR

Best wishes
Josiah

Riz

Sep 15, 2016, 1:38:33 PM9/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you!!. I will strive to keep the group updated.

Added the Twitter handles to the sidebar of the group - which is usually the first place a redditor scans on opening a reddit. The Wiki tab has been updated to show major hosting solutions available for Tiddlywiki at the moment including tutorial for github, gdrive etc (linked to the respective articles).

It is my intention that a sub page of tiddlywiki be dedicated to any tiddlywiki that user wants to be shown publicly, sort of like a master list of tiddlywikis in the internet. As a user, I wanted to see how each person has customised his Wiki, so I assume the next person would want something similar.

Josiah

Sep 15, 2016, 2:08:31 PM9/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Riz

If sub-pages could function like a gallery/showcase in some way it would be great. Many great TiddlyWikis get made that are rarely actually seen.

IMO showing example, complete, TiddlyWikis could really widen the userbase.

Best wishes
Josiah

Riz

Sep 15, 2016, 2:28:57 PM9/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hey,

You mean, like a picture slider with screenshots or something? AFAIK, reddit allows you to modify the interface with CSS, but I don't know if such a thing is possible.
Two methods we can implement are
   1. Create a subpage with a list of any publicly accessible tiddlywiki with a short description if warranted. Problem I foresee is how easily thos would get out of hand if the number crosses a limit. Still doable.
   2. As and when you find them, create a post with a screenshot and a tag like [Interesting Implementation]. Users who find the subreddit down the lane can search by tags and find them. Since there is a voting system in place, the really good ones will not be missing under a stack.

Josiah

Sep 15, 2016, 3:38:47 PM9/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Riz

There are lots of TiddlyWikis demonstrating some simple new function or plugin. However, the number of full, complete, easily findable TiddlyWikis that illustrate full solutions is more finite, I believe. So I think its unlikely it would become unwieldy.

In the past galleries and listings have been done. They have a tendency to get out of date. Partly because of needing someone to co-ordinate. Partly because TW finished products are often not conceived of as publicly valuable, but rather often as personal solutions.

I hope this does gain some traction. Its a very good idea given Reddit's orientation. And looks possibly sustainable.

Any kind of listing that highlights interesting TWs and provides basic info and a link should be enough. Visuals would be icing on the cake.

Best wishes
Josiah

Riz

Sep 15, 2016, 10:04:33 PM9/15/16
to TiddlyWiki

Of course. This post's main intention was to encourage users to come forward and post their works, which need not be a plugin or tutorial, to the subreddit. That way one person/a couple of people are relieved of the need to hunt them down and track them.

Anyone wants to contribute to the FAQ I started here , post here or drop a message or send an owl.

Ste Wilson

Sep 17, 2016, 6:33:56 AM9/17/16
to TiddlyWiki
Flattered that you've already stuck my tiddly on the list!

http://stephenteacher.tiddlyspot.com

Mat

Sep 17, 2016, 8:41:42 AM9/17/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hooray for Riz who helps to promote TW!

The TW project needs people - all kinds of people - and bringing up TW on e.g Reddit is probably really valuable!

@Jeremy - if Riz does a good enough job in presenting TW there, could a link to his reddit be added on tiddlywiki.com? Mutual benefit AFAICT.

<:-)

P.S - some other places where your input on TW is valuable

Riz

Sep 17, 2016, 2:31:42 PM9/17/16
to TiddlyWiki

@Ste :  Glad you liked it.  If you need to change description of your TW or have another TW you would like to see on the list, drop a message. This goes for everyone who bothers to read this message.

The work of the reddit wiki page is not complete. I got to dedicate a separate page to each of those topics. I do not intend it to be a list, for I see a great many people have already dedicated considerable time and effort to such a thing in several places. i'd rather it be a list of those lists, plus adding the additional ones as and when they come along.

Those of you who know this community for a lot more time than I do could point me to the Wikis and resources I wouldn't come across otherwise  I guess, If they would rather edit the Wiki themselves, I am up for that too.

@Mark - Thank you!!. Consider it as me giving back to the community in my own way, I belive the non-coders, if they have no intention to take up coding,  should take up the mantle of such efforts so that those who code will be left free to do what they do best. After all, everyone is deriving benefits from this community, doesn't hurt paying back at times.

Stephen Wilson

Dec 7, 2016, 6:43:52 AM12/7/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Riz,

Just compiled a list for myself of plugins I've used and had a look at your reddit list.
I don't think (I might have missed them) you have the following:

Sticky Notes|http://stickynotes.tiddlyspot.com/

Stretch Text|http://stretchtext.tiddlyspot.com/

Text Stretch|http://tid.li/tw5/hacks.html#TextStretch

Enhanced Search Results|http://spangenhelm.github.io/TW5-EnhancedSearchResults/

Ste

Riz

Dec 7, 2016, 7:10:16 AM12/7/16
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Ste. The plugin list was taking a backseat once it touched the 150 mark. If my calculation is right, there is nearly 70+ left to be added to that.
I will add them asap. It is alphabetically sorted so I do not think you would have missed it. Thanks for the reminder

For the curious and uninitiated: We are compiling a list of TW5 related resources at Reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TiddlyWiki5/wiki/pluginsandresources
It could be a social effort if more people volunteered to lend a hand with moderating or participating by posting relevant links.

David Gifford

Dec 7, 2016, 9:03:21 AM12/7/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Riz

I have done so much experimenting I am sure I have a bunch I can dig up and clean up, after I get through exams and grading. I may even get inspired to create something new. If I don't get to this on Friday, I will have more time next week. Cheers.

Dave

Riz

Dec 7, 2016, 9:05:17 AM12/7/16
to TiddlyWiki

Much aprreciated, David

Riz

Thomas Elmiger

Dec 7, 2016, 10:51:35 AM12/7/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Riz

I am very happy to find some of my stuff from tid.li/tw5/… allready featured on these lists.

And I would also be more than willing to keep my stuff up to date and add more of it … but: I will have to get used to reddit first (I have an account now, but that’s it) and even more important, I would like to make my solutions stable and create a minimum of documentation.

At the moment I can only promise that I will be back when I feel I am ready :)

All the best!
Thomas

Riz

Dec 7, 2016, 12:20:51 PM12/7/16
to TiddlyWiki

Hi Thomas.

My pleasure.

but: I will have to get used to reddit first (I have an account now, but that’s it)

Well, I ll leave a short intro to https://www.reddit.com/r/TiddlyWiki5 wiki then.

As you might already know - https://www.reddit.com/r/TiddlyWiki5 is public forum where anyone with a reddit account can create a post. The subreddit wiki on the other hand can only be edited by approved submitters. If anyone want wiki editing privileges -send me a message in here or my userpage in reddit.
Creating a wiki page follows the same pattern as mediawiki - say you want to create a page named "Awesomeness" in the TiddlyWiki5 subreddit Wiki, you simply type into the borwser address bar https://www.reddit.com/r/TiddlyWiki5/wiki/Awesomeness. You will reach a page that says reddit could not find such a page, would you like to create it. Click the link and create the page.

NB: @noobs: We also have a weekly thread on fridays for the very basic questions you might be feeling shy to create a post for in this group. You can drop your questions as comments. Here is the last weeks Feel free friday thread.
Plus you will be anonymous unless you out yourselves in your reddit comments. So don't feel shy.