Wikify widget examples

Stephen Kimmel

Aug 8, 2017, 9:28:31 AM8/8/17
to TiddlyWiki
I'll admit that I'm late to the party and can be exceptionally dense at times but I don't understand the $wikify widget. I read the tiddler. It parses some text, renders it and returns it as a variable which is available inside the widget depending on the type selected which defaults to an option which isn't one of the listed choices. What? What? While there are examples in the full Tiddlywiki, there are no examples for the $wikify widget and, as close as I can tell, Tiddlywiki almost never uses it either.

Can someone point me some examples that are simple enough for a borderline moron like me to understand? Jeremy, could we get an example or two in the next version?

Mat

Aug 8, 2017, 1:07:00 PM8/8/17
to TiddlyWiki
If it helps: I think of it as a setwidget but with output as text rather than wikitext.

Of note is that you can for text argument use an evaluated filter, like so:

<$wikify name=foo text="""{{{ filter }}}"""> ...

<:-)

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 8, 2017, 2:37:04 PM8/8/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Stephen

There's a simple example of its use here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/9lc4ht_RM9A/ON3p-uYzBgAJ
Its used in that to capture rendered Html.

Best
Josiah