TiddlyWiki editor stopped responding to keystrokes

Alan Finger

Nov 16, 2019, 3:36:01 PM11/16/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I'm using TiddlyWiki5 on node js. The tiddler text editor has suddenly stopped accepting keystrokes. Markdown inserts work normally and all other fields can be typed into. This is consistent across several different browsers and computers. Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Alan

Mark S.

Nov 16, 2019, 4:29:43 PM11/16/19
to TiddlyWiki
Seems like part of a pattern. There was another post with the same problem just a couple days ago:

Alan Finger

Nov 17, 2019, 10:04:25 PM11/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
It looks like the problem is specific to browsers using the Chrome engine. Fails with Chrome and Brave. Works ok with Firefox.

TonyM

Nov 17, 2019, 10:21:45 PM11/17/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Alan,

Do you have any plugins that use the text area?. Install codemirror editor and see if its still a problem. It does not use a simple text area.

Installing Code Mirror did not work - don't do it.

Tony

Alan Finger

Nov 18, 2019, 8:19:50 PM11/18/19
to TiddlyWiki
That blew it up completely. I was able to roll the entire directory back to before I started having trouble and that seemed to fix the problem.

Alan

On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 10:21:45 PM UTC-5, TonyM wrote:
Alan,

Do you have any plugins that use the text area?. Install codemirror editor and see if its still a problem. It does not use a simple text area.

Me Ath home

Nov 19, 2019, 12:27:21 PM11/19/19
to TiddlyWiki
Same here using Chrome.

How did you fix this please ?

Jett V

Nov 20, 2019, 12:06:52 PM11/20/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same issue. Very strange. I can input text in other fields, but not the editor. Installing CodeMirror did not solve the issue.