TW5 : How to link to specific tiddlers from another app (i.e: iWork numbers; evernote...)

Pablo Culebras

Oct 30, 2016, 11:49:29 AM10/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi

I use currently VoodooPad as a personal wiki, which I like since it allows to just drop a page name to a blank Numbers spreadsheet and get a link to that page. This is very helpful to create mind maps; where every term is a link that opens a VP page.

I have recentrly discovered TW, which I love; but I didn't find a way to replicate a similar workflow. Copy-pasting permalinks from the local TW file (whith the structure: file:///Users/name/directory/TWname.html) it doesn't work in Numbers. It does work when I link to a tiddler within an online TW; but I'd like to find a solution to work offline...

Voodoopad pages links have an structure of their own (x-voodoopad-item://b02fee1a-ffb5-4c34-8c64-e0dc0c310746) that can be opened from Numbers and other apps that don't usually handle links to files. I wonder if something similar can be done with tiddlers...

If there is not a solution for this, I'd like to know if any of you know a program that can makes mind maps placing on each term a local file link...

Thanks a lot
Pablo

Mark S.

Oct 30, 2016, 12:50:39 PM10/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
What browser are you using?

Good luck,
Mark

Thomas Elmiger

Oct 30, 2016, 5:32:05 PM10/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Pablo

Did you consider using TW5 for the mind map? There seems to be a nice plugin for that: http://tiddlymap.org/
(I do not use mind maps so I can’ tell you more about it.)

Good luck!
Thomas

Pablo Culebras

Oct 31, 2016, 3:20:50 PM10/31/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Thomas!

Thanks a lot for the link, that is gorgeous!

It's very close to what I was looking for. I will have a deeper insight on it. Thank you!

Pablo

Pablo Culebras

Oct 31, 2016, 3:21:17 PM10/31/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mark

I use Safari & Chrome...

Jeremy Ruston

Nov 1, 2016, 8:47:24 AM11/1/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pablo

I use currently VoodooPad as a personal wiki, which I like since it allows to just drop a page name to a blank Numbers spreadsheet and get a link to that page. This is very helpful to create mind maps; where every term is a link that opens a VP page.

I have recentrly discovered TW, which I love; but I didn't find a way to replicate a similar workflow. Copy-pasting permalinks from the local TW file (whith the structure: file:///Users/name/directory/TWname.html) it doesn't work in Numbers. It does work when I link to a tiddler within an online TW; but I'd like to find a solution to work offline...

Voodoopad pages links have an structure of their own (x-voodoopad-item://b02fee1a-ffb5-4c34-8c64-e0dc0c310746) that can be opened from Numbers and other apps that don't usually handle links to files. I wonder if something similar can be done with tiddlers…

Voodoopad is using a “custom URL scheme” — a side effect of installing the app is to add “x-voodoopad-item:” which functions similarly to http and https, except giving access to resources provided by the app, rather than resources on the web.

TiddlyWiki itself can’t add a new URL scheme, but TiddlyDesktop could be extended to do so.

Given that Numbers doesn’t recognise file:// links, the only alternative I can see would be to run TiddlyWiki under Node.js, and thus have URLs like <http://127.0.0.1:8080/#MyTiddler> in Numbers.

Best wishes

Jeremy