Announcing Apps Folder access

Arlen Beiler

Oct 2, 2017, 11:34:32 PM10/2/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hello everyone,

Over the weekend, as you know, I upgraded https://twcloud.github.io/tw5-dropbox/ to the new Dropbox API. I also took the opportunity to add apps folder access, since it involved about 4 extra lines of code (and a little UI).

So now when you go to the link above, it will ask you which one you want. If you already were using TW5 in the Sky, just click Full Dropbox Access, and you get it the same as always. If you want to only give the app access to its own folder in Dropbox, click Apps Folder Access.

The buttons are just styled hyperlinks, so you can drag them directly to your bookmarks bar if you always want to go straight to one or the other.

The Dropbox stats page shows that some people have already noticed, but since this has been a requested feature, I thought I would announce it to let everyone know.

Unfortunately, TWC is not supported. You may be able to TWC files, but won't be able to save them. Pull requests or Issues with instructions on what needs to be done are definitely welcome.

So here's the link again: https://twcloud.github.io/tw5-dropbox/

And here's the Github repo: https://github.com/twcloud/tw5-dropbox

Enjoy,
Arlen

Miroslav Kalous

Apr 9, 2018, 1:15:39 PM4/9/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to point out the fact that tiddlywiki.com links (here) to the older version of Arlen's TW5 in the Sky. So if this reads anyone able to change that, it'd be great to direct users to the newer version: https://twcloud.github.io/tw5-dropbox/.

Btw as of today this newer version also supports autosave! Thanks to Arlen.

Jeremy Ruston

Apr 10, 2018, 8:00:37 AM4/10/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Miroslav, I’ll post an update to the prerelease shortly

Best wishes

Jeremy

Just wanted to point the the fact that tiddlywiki.com links (here) to the older version of Arlen's TW5 in the Sky. So if this reads anyone able to change that, it'd be great to point users to the newer version: https://twcloud.github.io/tw5-dropbox/.