[TW5] Force user to tag a tiddler with one of a subset of tags

Jonathan Finch

Mar 5, 2017, 3:45:09 PM3/5/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way of forcing (or at least prompting) the user to add a tag to a new tiddler?

For example:
  • I create tiddlers representing orders.  Each tiddler has the tag [Orders]
  • I create tiddlers representing customer.  Each tiddler has the tag [Customers]
  • Can I force the user to tag every order with a customer?

I appreciate this is probably running before I can walk.  I am fairly new to TiddlyWiki and have no web editing experience.

I would be very grateful for links to relevant examples or documentation.

I enjoyed Francis Meetze's excellent YouTube tutorial.  It is what gave me the idea:

Jed Carty

Mar 5, 2017, 4:24:14 PM3/5/17
to TiddlyWiki
You could have a view template that shows up in ever tiddler tagged with an order that isn't currently tagged with a customer, it wouldn't really force the user but you could have something like a drop-down menu and a message in every tiddler like that saying that you have to add a customer tag.

PMario

Mar 5, 2017, 4:39:01 PM3/5/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome!

You could do this:

<$button>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title="This is newly created tiddler" tags="Customer [[Another Tag]]" text="some default content"/>
New Order
</$button>

described here: http://tiddlywiki.com/#WidgetMessage%3A%20tm-new-tiddler

Which creates a custom button that creates a "custom tiddler"

have fun!
mario