Tiddly wiki will no longer save

David Myers

Mar 29, 2016, 2:15:53 PM3/29/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hello all,

I'm a long time tiddlywiki user, and I've never had an issue before.

Today however I made a copy of the 'empty.html' tiddlywiki to start a new notebook.

I changed the name, opened the file, and accepted the 'enable tiddlysaver addon (I'm using firefox).

I happily started modifying my page. but when I went to save the file I got this error message

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFileOutputStream.init]"  nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://tiddlyfox/content/overlay.js :: TiddlyFox.saveFile :: line 98"  data: no]
Enter code here...

I at first thought that maybee there had been a update, but on the tiddlyfox page the version I have installed is 1alpha18.1 has not been updated since 2013.

I tried my other tiddlywiki files, and I have the same problem?

I have recently put some of my files into gitlab.com for a project I am working on, but why would this have affected the empty.html TW file that is in another directory entirely ?

A quick search for the above error message on google, brough up a thread here on the TW group that had mention of 'unusual greek characters' ~ but there is nothing odd regarding the file pathname, and it used to work on the other files that I have.

Anything I can do to troubleshoot ?

Install :
Debian jessy
Iceweasel (the free firefox).

TW : how do i get the version info (as far as I know it is the most recent one ?
Tiddly fox . 1alpha18.1

I haven't yet tried any older version.
The error message does say at the end data no, but I have tried to add in a new tiddler, all to no effect. do i have to 'download' the file each time I want to save it ?

thanks in advance...

David

David Myers

Mar 30, 2016, 2:54:46 AM3/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hello again everyone.

This morning I started my laptop, and tiddlywiki is working OK again, after re downloading the empty.html

it seems the version in this link (http://tiddlywiki.com/#empty.html), that is on the 'editions' tiddler doesn't save correctly.

however the version in the 'GettingStarted' tiddler (where you press the big green button) works just fine ?

Go figure....

back to my thesis.

David

PMario

Mar 30, 2016, 3:06:19 PM3/30/16
to TiddlyWiki
Did a fast test. For me http://tiddlywiki.com/empty.html  works just fine. Your link won't

... but ... I'm using FF latest and win 10 atm.

-m

David Myers

Mar 30, 2016, 4:22:12 PM3/30/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
curiouser and curioser ?

When I used that 'empty' link I got a standard TW page which I then 'saved' to my HDD.

For now I'm just bemused as to why it should have been the download that was bad, as opening and then saving to the HDD is the other method of getting a copy (or even required if you are using some web browsers ~ if I remember correctly).

Maybe if I have a chance I will test it out again tomorrow.