[TW5] "Muuri-Touch" plugin on TiddlywikiDesktop?

Dave

Jun 30, 2018, 5:21:49 PM6/30/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, I just discovered this great plugin and imported one of my projects into it. I love it!!

One hangup is that it doesn't seem to work with tiddlydesktop.  Is there a workaround to get that working?

touchDesktopError.png

BurningTreeC

Jul 1, 2018, 12:52:31 AM7/1/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Dave,

I've made a new thread for MuuriTouch over here

Your error is most likely because of the experimental state of the plugin on muritest.tiddlyspot.com

The latest plugin version is on http://tiddlytouch.tiddlyspot.com - If you obtain it from there, does the error still happen?

all the best,
BTC

Dave

Jul 1, 2018, 4:45:31 PM7/1/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, yes I got it from the tiddlytouch one, not the test one, although I wasn't aware they were different - just a happy accident :)

So, yes, that error is with the right version

Alfonso Arciniega

Jul 2, 2018, 12:17:04 AM7/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
I've just downloaded a copy of TiddlyTouch and opened it in TiddlyDesktop 0.0.13.

It works fine to me in Windows 10 (though I have not imported anything into it yet).

Cheers,

Alfonso Arciniega

BurningTreeC

Jul 2, 2018, 3:28:54 AM7/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
I've also tried it on the latest TiddlyDesktop and I don't get any errors
@Dave, How do you install the plugin? The drag&drop way or the export/import way both should work fine

BTC

BurningTreeC

Jul 2, 2018, 3:34:58 AM7/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
@Dave, on what operating system is your TiddlyDesktop copy running?

Dave

Jul 2, 2018, 5:01:17 PM7/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
I installed it the drag and drop way, and I'm running ubuntu 17.10

Dave

Jul 2, 2018, 5:39:38 PM7/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
Just thought of checking my tiddlydesktop version - its 0.0.8.

I can't tell what the recent version is from the website https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop, maybe 0.0.14?

I'll try updating that and let you know if that fixes it.

Dave

Jul 2, 2018, 5:46:47 PM7/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
That was it (the recent version is 0.0.13).  Caught by the second version issue in a week (D'Oh!) - well, hopefully admitting stupid mistakes will help someone else avoid the same thing.