[RFC] List, title, tags and content handling with drag and drop

閲覧: 65 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

TW Tones

未読、
2020/11/24 5:22:582020/11/24
To: TiddlyWiki
Folks,

The pre-release has new features such as modifier keys with drag and drop. A long sought after idea that is so far only conceptual for me is to provide a set of dropzones or even buttons on which you can drop tiddler titles on to update lists, add tags, as well as being able to drag a list of tiddlers in a similar way.

I am seeking ideas and any information about prior work or examples so I am posting this RFC request for comment.

  • I believe this feature can go two ways with an item on which you can drop things also something you can drag away and drop elsewhere. Add to this the possibilities of click, ctrl-v etc on the same elements and there is a lot of opportunities.
  • Tag pills already can be dragged and dropped and the payload is all tiddlers with that tag.
  • Further to this I believe there is possibly a large set of drag and drop actions that can be overlayed on the existing User Interface and few new elements that would make list and tag manipulation an easy and intuitive process, further enhancing the productivity in TiddlyWiki.
  • Additional drag and drop to move selected or whole text fields and field contents to another tiddler would also be beneficial.
So I ask for your thoughts and if you can see any needs this may satisfy, prior examples or good use cases. What elements could we use? and more...

Eg drag and drop to a target a title adds it, perhaps ctrl-drag and drop removes that item from the list?

Regards
Tones

Saq Imtiaz

未読、
2020/11/24 5:45:412020/11/24
To: TiddlyWiki
To clarify so that no one is misled or confused:

Support for the modifier key as a variable in the DroppableWidget used for drag and drop - and documentation there of - has been around since March 2018 (TW 5.1.16). This is not a new feature.

Cheers,
Saq

TW Tones

未読、
2020/11/24 6:12:002020/11/24
To: TiddlyWiki
Saq,

Yes, correct, However there are more now? https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#modifier%20Variable

Tones

Saq Imtiaz

未読、
2020/11/24 6:34:522020/11/24
To: TiddlyWiki
The only thing that has changed in 5.1.23 for drag and drop and modifier keys is that the CMD key on Mac is now supported.

You are just seeing that tiddler higher in the recent tiddlers list because it was updated to add the new event catcher widget.

TW Tones

未読、
2020/11/24 17:03:242020/11/24
To: TiddlyWiki
Saq,

Thanks fort the clarification, Can you comment on the idea and request for Comment ?

Note: The meta key also works for the Windows "start" button.

For the OT,
  • Offline I have built toolbar buttons for the tags and list field that can be clicked, the title(s) dragged and dropped on to alter these lists easily.
  • I am keen to have, and am working on an easy to configure drop zone on custom tiddlers to simplify list management.
Your ideas would be appreciated.

Tones

全員に返信
投稿者に返信