Can "search" include

Peter Buyze

Apr 14, 2020, 12:51:57 PM4/14/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
I have some fields in my tiddlers filled in with text, such as names, URLs, etc.

A normal search in the search box does not yield any info from the field values, and Advanced search does not cover it either. Is there any way to search those fields?

Mat

Apr 14, 2020, 1:39:07 PM4/14/20
to TiddlyWiki

Eric Shulman

Apr 14, 2020, 1:46:29 PM4/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 9:51:57 AM UTC-7, Peter Buyze wrote:
I have some fields in my tiddlers filled in with text, such as names, URLs, etc.
A normal search in the search box does not yield any info from the field values, and Advanced search does not cover it either. Is there any way to search those fields?

The following gives you an interface that constructs more specific search filters:

Copy the above tiddler to your document.  There are no dependencies.

enjoy,
-e

TonyM

Apr 14, 2020, 9:47:39 PM4/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Eric,

That is a lovely piece of work, it could be adapted for building filters to insert into wiki text especially for newcomers, however it is focused on search, I wonder if it would be easy to expand to other filter needs.

Great Stuff

Tony

Eric Shulman

Apr 14, 2020, 10:01:51 PM4/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 10:46:29 AM UTC-7, Eric Shulman wrote:
The following gives you an interface that constructs more specific search filters:
Copy the above tiddler to your document.  There are no dependencies.

There is actually one dependency:

which provides a hybrid edit/select control that allows you to either enter a value or select from a list of pre-defined values

So... to make it work in your own document, you need *both* of the above mentioned tiddlers.

-e

Peter Buyze

Apr 15, 2020, 12:48:29 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Thank you !!

14 Apr 2020, 20:39 by matia...@gmail.com:

Peter Buyze

Apr 15, 2020, 1:10:01 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Eric, thanks, that's awesome too. After importing  the Field Search plug-in I also imported this one. When I do an Advanced search I don't see the options of your Power Search.

14 Apr 2020, 20:46 by elsd...@gmail.com:

Peter Buyze

Apr 15, 2020, 1:22:04 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Sorry Eric, discard my previous reply, I had not seen this one.

FYI, importing the 1st tiddler went fine. After I imported this 2nd one it froze my wiki: clicking on links or in the search field did nothing.

15 Apr 2020, 05:01 by elsd...@gmail.com:

Eric Shulman

Apr 15, 2020, 1:52:32 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 10:22:04 PM UTC-7, Peter Buyze wrote:
Sorry Eric, discard my previous reply, I had not seen this one.

FYI, importing the 1st tiddler went fine. After I imported this 2nd one it froze my wiki: clicking on links or in the search field did nothing.

I've just updated http://tiddlytools.com/filtergenerators.html to add $:/tags/AdvancedSearch to the PowerSearch tiddler so it will appear as a separate tab in the $:/AdvancedSearch

I also adjusted the CSS definitions in TiddlyTools/FilterGenerators/PowerSearch and TiddlyTools/Macros/edit-list in order to work properly in $:/AdvancedSearch

Grab new copies of both tiddlers and let me know how it goes.

-e

Peter Buyze

Apr 15, 2020, 6:05:26 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Eric,

I the Control Panel/Plug-ins tab I don't see your plug-ins listed. So, please tell me how to uninstall the "wrong" versions 1st.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

15 Apr 2020, 05:01 by elsd...@gmail.com:

Eric Shulman

Apr 15, 2020, 6:42:00 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 3:05:26 AM UTC-7, Peter Buyze wrote:
In the Control Panel/Plug-ins tab I don't see your plug-ins listed. So, please tell me how to uninstall the "wrong" versions 1st.

The two tiddlers are not actual "plugins".... just regular tiddlers, so there's nothing to "uninstall".   Just re-import and the previous versions will be overwritten.

-e

Peter Buyze

Apr 15, 2020, 8:42:18 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Yep, now it works. Thank you.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

15 Apr 2020, 13:42 by elsd...@gmail.com:

A Gloom

Apr 15, 2020, 9:06:08 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Eric

The "TiddlyTools/FilterGenerators/Tags" tiddler wasn't displaying the tags selections in columns with the latest FF.

I don't think FF needs the -moz prefix any longer.

This fixed it for my browser:

.columns4 { display:block; column-count:4; column-gap:1em; -moz-column-count:4; -moz-column-gap:1em; -webkit-column-count:4; -webkit-column-gap:1em; }
.small    { font-size:80%; line-height:1.3em; }
.nowrap   { white-space:nowrap; }

PMario

Apr 15, 2020, 9:33:49 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6:51:57 PM UTC+2, Peter Buyze wrote:
I have some fields in my tiddlers filled in with text, such as names, URLs, etc.

A normal search in the search box does not yield any info from the field values, and Advanced search does not cover it either. Is there any way to search those fields?

You can have a look at my field-search plugin too.

have fun!
mario

Eric Shulman

Apr 15, 2020, 10:22:59 AM4/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 6:06:08 AM UTC-7, A Gloom wrote:
The "TiddlyTools/FilterGenerators/Tags" tiddler wasn't displaying the tags selections in columns with the latest FF.
I don't think FF needs the -moz prefix any longer.

Thanks.  I've updated all the FilterGenerators to consistently use "column-count" and "column-gap" attribute names instead of the "-moz" and "-webkit" prefixed attributes.

This is based on the latest report from https://caniuse.com/#search=column-count, which indicates that all major browsers no longer require the browser-specific special prefix

enjoy,
-e

Peter Buyze