Controls for audio files

Matthew Lauber

Apr 10, 2018, 3:47:20 PM4/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
All,
    Perhaps I'm pushing the limits of tiddlywiki a bit far, but I'm using it for D&D planning, and I want to add sounds to my encounters.  I've got a bunch of audio files, but I'd like to be able to start and stop multiple of them with a single button.  Anyone found a good method for controlling audio files in tiddlywiki?  Should I start writing up custom action-widgets to control things?  If so, how should I identify the dom nodes associated with a given audio element?

Thanks,
Matt Lauber

BurningTreeC

Apr 10, 2018, 3:56:20 PM4/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Matt,
I found a way by revealing <audio autoplay src={{audio base64 encoded in a tiddler or index of data-tiddler}}>

In combination with the <$press> widget at hammerwidgets.tiddlyspot.com it's a button that plays the audio when pressing it and stops when releasing - normal buttons simply play the whole audio file

--------------------------------

see http://musicsheets.tiddlyspot.com/#sad-trombone.json for an example of a stored audio
encoding mp3 or other formats to base64 can be done in various ways
on linux terminal there's the base64 command, I think it's available on osx, too - if not then it's installable - or there are guis or online converters

Simon

Jan

Apr 11, 2018, 4:02:44 AM4/11/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,
I would highly welcome some enhancement of mediaplayback - also for videoplayback.
It would be great to have the bookmarks like in http://youtube.tiddlyspot.com/#Start which unfortuantely just functions with youtube.
I would like to haves something like that for local files, other providers ... and audio.

I would also like to have a videoplay which has the option of going fullscreen by default.

best Wishes...
Jan