reply to calendar plugin not working

BJ

Nov 19, 2017, 8:04:56 AM11/19/17
to TiddlyWiki

Your  ExtendableCalendar
Seems to need a little update as well. Creating a new day journal from the Diary Year view is giving

Internal JavaScript Error

In the 5.1.14 version.

I am not seeing problems, what system/browser are you using?

TonyM

Nov 20, 2017, 3:21:54 AM11/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
Bj,

I have the plugin version 1.11.0 add to the previous error message (you re-posted) "too much recursion".

Test line `<<diary 2017 "">>`

Does it have any dependencies?

Running in Firefox 57.0 (64bit) on Windows 10,
  • I have observed this fault in TiddlyWiki 5.1.14 After disabling all plugins (except core of course)
  • This has occurred in two different 5.1.14  wikis
It is working in one of my TiddlyWiki 5.1.15 that was upgraded, and working in a new empty 5.1.15
It is not working in the two that failed above after upgrading to 5.1.15

In Chrome the Wiki throws a different message Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

I have attached the problem wiki here if it helps.

I am at a loss to understand.

Regards
Tony

NewJournal.html

BJ

Nov 20, 2017, 4:46:27 AM11/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
The problem is incompatibility with the active content in

$:/config/NewJournal/Tags

ie

Journal [[$(currentTiddler)$]]

unfortunately this cannot be used with the calendar extension

TonyM

Nov 20, 2017, 7:27:17 AM11/20/17
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks bj, I can work around that

ta
tony

TonyM

Nov 28, 2017, 7:12:31 PM11/28/17
to TiddlyWiki
BJ,

I have come across another problem you may be able to help with.

I am unable to pass a variable into the <<diary {{!!title}}>> macro, where say ((!!title)) is a year, or even a year-month,

I want to create an ability for the user to enter a year and create a year tiddler, from there they can create an entry for any day in that year. This will also allow them to tag other tiddlers with a particular year.

The Background is my Father needs to enter historical records from his diary. But it will take time, so creating a year tiddler and view as he progresses makes sense.

In addition I am going to use the timeline (http://kixam.github.io/TW5-visjsTimeline/) to allow selective addition of journal entries to the time line, or tiddlers without date names that specify a time period.

If you were interested in new features do consider;
  • Clickable year and Month links in calander
    • which open/create a tiddler YYYY tagged year, or YYYY-0MM tagged Month, or even a week tiddler
  • Previous and Next year or month (in Diary)
  • A Three month display with the selected month in the middle (A Quarter tiddler Q1 Q2 etc)

Thanks in Advance

BJ

Nov 29, 2017, 2:50:08 AM11/29/17
to TiddlyWiki
the solution to passing in parameters to macros is to use the macocall widget

<$macrocall $name="diary" year={{!!title}}/>

I am quite busy at the moment so it will be some time until I can add extra features.

TonyM

Nov 29, 2017, 5:42:48 AM11/29/17
to TiddlyWiki
Bj,

no presure and that work around will help, thanks.

Tony