Issue Installing TiddlyMap

☼ M ☼

Aug 7, 2020, 2:38:47 PM8/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,
I am totally new to TiddlyWiki and it seems like I have made a terrible mistake. I'll state the issue and the explain how I got there.

The Issue:
when opening my wiki I get the folloing errors:

Internal JavaScript Error

Well, this is embarrassing. It is recommended that you restart TiddlyWiki by refreshing your browser
Error executing boot module $:/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/js/lib/utils/tmap: "Cannot find module named '$:/plugins/felixhayashi/vis/vis.js' required by module '$:/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/js/lib/utils/tmap', resolved to $:/plugins/felixhayashi/vis/vis.js" undefined

Internal JavaScript Error

Well, this is embarrassing. It is recommended that you restart TiddlyWiki by refreshing your browser
Error executing boot module $:/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/js/Adapter: "Cannot find module named '$:/plugins/felixhayashi/vis/vis.js' required by module '$:/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/js/Adapter', resolved to $:/plugins/felixhayashi/vis/vis.js" undefined

Internal JavaScript Error

Well, this is embarrassing. It is recommended that you restart TiddlyWiki by refreshing your browser
Error executing boot module $:/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/js/startup/caretaker: "Cannot find module named '$:/plugins/felixhayashi/vis/vis.js' required by module '$:/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/js/startup/caretaker', resolved to $:/plugins/felixhayashi/vis/vis.js" undefined

Internal JavaScript Error

Well, this is embarrassing. It is recommended that you restart TiddlyWiki by refreshing your browser
Error executing boot module $:/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/js/widget/MapConfigWidget: "Cannot find module named '$:/plugins/felixhayashi/vis/vis.js' required by module '$:/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/js/widget/MapConfigWidget', resolved to $:/plugins/felixhayashi/vis/vis.js" undefined
___
When I close it, it shows a blank page and I cannot do anything.

How I got there:
I installed TiddlyWiki and created a couple of dummy notes. As I said, I'm new and was playing a bit. Then I installed TiddlyMap. I drag and droped the first file as stated in the instructions.here. I refresed the page before installing the second one. Then the error appeared.
Since I was just playing, I was not worried about the notes, so I deleted my wiki file and downloaded an empty one again. However, the error keeps showing up. Please, can someone help me to be able to use TiddlyWiki again?

Birthe C

Aug 7, 2020, 3:21:27 PM8/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
M,

Uh, that is no fun. But looking at http://tiddlymap.org/ it says, that you have to drag all of the necessary plugins before saving and refreshing. It is also recommended to take a backup of your wiki before, it is even mentioned to start with an empty wiki. To me it spells out, that others have been in trouble too, exactly as you are now.

Hope the best for your next test,

Birthe

☼ M ☼

Aug 7, 2020, 3:54:25 PM8/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thaks for the wishes, Birthe. Yes, I've seen that... later. But I cannot see how to solve it. Not even deleting the wiki and downloading an empty one again. I guess the plugin is somewhere in my computer. If I just could find out where and delete everythink it might work.

Birthe C

Aug 7, 2020, 4:42:14 PM8/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
M,

Strange! Have you tried to restart your browser? What happens when you try to delete the wiki?

Birthe

Eric Shulman

Aug 7, 2020, 5:22:32 PM8/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 12:54:25 PM UTC-7, ☼ M ☼ wrote:
Not even deleting the wiki and downloading an empty one again. I guess the plugin is somewhere in my computer. If I just could find out where and delete everything it might work.

Are you using a NodeJS installation of TiddlyWiki?

If so, then any plugins you have installed are configured in the tiddlywiki.info file

To uninstall that plugin, you can try editing the tiddlywiki.info file and remove
any references to the TiddlyMaps plugin.  Then, be sure to restart your NodeJS
instance so that the changed tiddlywiki.info file takes effect.

Note that you could also try downloading an empty TiddlyWiki to another
location in your computer and then opening it directly in the browser,
without using NodeJS.  This will bypass any existing configuration issues
and give you a single file "stand alone" version of TiddlyWiki.

You can then drag-and-drop the TiddlyMaps components
(*all* of them!) into that running stand-alone version, then save and reload
that file to have the plugin take effect.

Let me know how it goes...

-e

☼ M ☼

Aug 8, 2020, 10:10:48 AM8/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ok, so... nothing of this worked but I have found out some stuff that I didn't consider before.
Actually I was using NoteSelf. I am sorry that I ommited that. I didn't consider it important and simplified. I shouldn't. Apparently it stores the data "in" the browser. So, it doesn't matter that I download a new file, becasue the data is inside the browser, not in the file.
But thus, I've realised that NoteSelf is not what I want, so I will just stop using it.

Thank you very much for your support, Birthe and Eric. I'm sorry if you feel like I've wasted your time.

Birthe C

Aug 8, 2020, 11:16:10 AM8/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
M,

You are not wasting anyone's time. We must all learn before we know. I think I gave up on NoteSelf for similar reasons.

Please go on experimenting and find yourself some pleasant surprises. Do ask questions when you want to.

Birthe

☼ M ☼

Aug 8, 2020, 11:31:16 AM8/8/20
to TiddlyWiki