Three questions about BOB

Xabriña

May 2, 2019, 8:24:38 AM5/2/19
to TiddlyWiki

Hi all.

I have three questions about the BOB program.

1- When exporting a wiki or a series of tiddlers, is it possible to export it with its associated files in a separate folder?

2-It would be possible to see inside a wiki managed by BOB the files that we have in the folder "/ files" to be able to use them when we need them without having to copy and paste their name? As with the images that are incorporated into the wiki ...

3-The latter is not whether it is a problem of BOB or Tiddlywiki. How can I do so that every time I start a wiki I do not have to walk by putting the user name to appear in the tiddlers that I create?

Thanks in advance.

@TiddlyTweeter

May 2, 2019, 11:29:37 AM5/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Xabriña wrote:

1- When exporting a wiki or a series of tiddlers, is it possible to export it with its associated files in a separate folder?

I don't think so.

BUT you could use Bob Scripting to do so.

Best wishes
TiddlyTweeter

inmy...@gmail.com

May 2, 2019, 2:49:33 PM5/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
I believe that for the moment the answer to all of these is mostly no, but they are all good things I will add to the list of feature requests.

1 - There is a new option to move media files embedded in the wiki into the /files folder inside the wiki folder, but it doesn't have any affect on other embedded files.
2 - No, I will add this. It is a good idea.
3 - I don't think that there is currently a way to do this. It should be simple to add one to Bob, I am not certain about other ways to use tiddlywiki.

Xabriña

May 2, 2019, 5:17:48 PM5/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello TiddlyTweeter.

Thank you for your answer, but I'm afraid my computer skills are far from allowing me to use scripts to do those things ...

Best regards

@TiddlyTweeter

May 2, 2019, 5:41:53 PM5/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Xabriña

Hello TiddlyTweeter.

Thank you for your answer, but I'm afraid my computer skills are far from allowing me to use scripts to do those things ...

I meant scripts via Bob itself which is not too difficult. I should have made that clearer!

Basically in Bob "scripts" are a way to send a command to the operating system. In your case something pretty simple like "copy files from directory A to directory B". In Bob the way to use them is documented briefly at ... "$:/plugins/OokTech/Bob/Running Scripts Using Websocket Messages".

Best wishes
Josiah

Xabriña

May 2, 2019, 5:55:09 PM5/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jed.

I'm glad that some of my questions seem interesting to you.

Regarding the first question, the problem I see is if I want to export a particular wiki that has associated files (images, music or video) that only exports in the "./files" folder the documents that are associated with that wiki and not all others. Or if I want to export a tiddler in particular that I export the file ".html" plus a folder associated with the files that this tiddler has referenced.
I want to clarify that I use a folder "./files" common for all wikis.

On the other hand I want to thank you for having made a tool as good as Bob.

Best regards

Xabriña

May 2, 2019, 6:09:07 PM5/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah.

Thanks for the explanation.
I'll take a look at the document you've indicated, I can still learn something from there.

My best wishes.