Query: Structure (HTML) -- Where is the visual PLAN?

TiddlyTweeter

Nov 23, 2019, 6:55:09 AM11/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
I'm getting most interested in TW fundamental (HTML) architecture. Especially the DIV nesting scheme (which seems a LOT clearer than for most websites).

I really like what Luis is doing on CSS documentation. But I think it's vital to understand the HTML "skeleton" that hangs off.

Is there, anywhere, a visual representation of TW's basic nesting (div) structure?

Having one would ease future dev of presentation a lot, imo.

Thanks for any clues!
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Nov 23, 2019, 6:57:46 AM11/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
Repeat for email ...

TonyM

Nov 23, 2019, 10:38:04 PM11/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
TT

I am not sure its as easy as you think. Tiddlywiki uses html dynamically according to what is visible. Looking at a raw tiddlywiki.html file in an editor and in tiddlywiki following the page template down to see how it dynamically constructs what you see in informative.

Regards
Tony

PMario

Nov 24, 2019, 7:13:04 AM11/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
There has been a 3D viewer in FF, which was deprecated with version 47. .. It seems chromium based, MS-Edge beta will get it back.

-m

PMario

Nov 24, 2019, 7:22:35 AM11/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

The starting point is: $:/core/ui/PageTemplate  and all tiddlers tagged: $:/tags/PageTemplate

This code builds the TW UI. All of it \o/

<$list filter="[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/PageTemplate]!has[draft.of]]" variable="listItem">

<$transclude tiddler=<<listItem>>/>

</$list>

All page elements can be listed clicking: <<tag "$:/tags/PageTemplate">>

have fun!
mario

PMario

Nov 24, 2019, 7:23:11 AM11/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
ViewTemplate and EditTemplate have their own lists.
-m

Ton Gerner

Nov 24, 2019, 7:33:57 AM11/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

My Customization guide has a part about the User Interface: http://tw5custom.tiddlyspot.com/#Information%20about%20the%20user%20interface

Cheers,

Ton

TiddlyTweeter

Nov 25, 2019, 8:35:05 AM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mario & Ton

Very helpful pointers!

Many thanks
Josiah

Luis Gonzalez

Nov 26, 2019, 6:38:28 AM11/26/19
to TiddlyWiki
I will include a little html diagram at the end of chapter 2 of The-book.

Look at the following weekly report.

TiddlyTweeter

Nov 26, 2019, 7:34:19 AM11/26/19
to TiddlyWiki