w5.com-docs plugin

Sergei Gerasenko

Jun 25, 2017, 10:25:25 PM6/25/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

First of all, I love TiddlyWiki. It's amazing.

Here's the problem I'm having. When listing available plugins, I see this pulgin:  $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tw5.com-docs. I choose "install", then save and reload but the plugin is still not on the list of the installed plugins. I've tried this process several times. However, when searching through the raw HTML, I do see mention of it:

So is it installed or not? And if yes, how do I use it?

Thanks,
  Sergei

Ton Gerner

Jun 26, 2017, 1:41:36 AM6/26/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Sergei,

After installing the "docs" plugin you get a Contents tab in the sidebar which will show the documentation.

Anyway, to check which plugins have been installed: In the sidebar tab More > tab Plugins shows all installed languages, plugins and themes.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ton

Sergei Gerasenko

Jun 26, 2017, 8:45:40 AM6/26/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ton,

For some reason I'm not seeing "Contents" in my sidebar. The plugins tab shows:

But the source html does mention the doc plugin.

I have downloaded an empty wiki, installed the plugin and I do see it. I think I will export and import everything into a brand new wiki. Something must be off with the one i have.

Oh, one more question. Even though the docs are there, they don't seem to be searchable? Is there a way to include them in the search?

Thanks!
   Sergei

Ton Gerner

Jun 26, 2017, 10:17:17 AM6/26/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Sergei,

For some reason I'm not seeing "Contents" in my sidebar.

I really don't know why.

I have downloaded an empty wiki, installed the plugin and I do see it.

Glad that worked.

Oh, one more question. Even though the docs are there, they don't seem to be searchable? Is there a way to include them in the search?

I thought they were searchable (as in http://tiddlywiki.com/) but you are right that is not true. I think that is caused by the fact the docs are a plugin which means the docs are now shadow tiddlers and "standard" search is restricted to "normal" tiddlers.
As a workaround use Advanced search (click the magnifying glass next to the search box) and use the Shadows tab.

Cheers,

Ton

Sergei Gerasenko

Jun 26, 2017, 10:19:41 AM6/26/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ton,

Got it. I will use the advanced search functionality.

Thank you much for your time and expertise.

Sergei

Ton Gerner

Jun 26, 2017, 10:53:20 AM6/26/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Sergei,

Thank you much for your time and expertise.

You're welcome.

Using Advanced search gives results with many "real" shadow tiddlers (starting with $:/).
Yo can create a special Docs search tab:

1) Clone $:/core/ui/AdvancedSearch/Shadows and name it e.g. $:/core/ui/AdvancedSearch/Docs
2) Search for the part

<$list filter="[all[shadows]search{$:/temp/advancedsearch}sort[title]limit[250]] -[[$:/temp/advancedsearch]]" template="$:/core/ui/ListItemTemplate"/>

3) Add `!prefix[$:/]` as follows:

<$list filter="[all[shadows]!prefix[$:/]search{$:/temp/advancedsearch}sort[title]limit[250]] -[[$:/temp/advancedsearch]]" template="$:/core/ui/ListItemTemplate"/>

4) Replace the contents of the caption field with e.g. Docs
5) Save

This will give you an extra tab Docs in Advanced search which gives results without tiddlers starting with `$:/`

Sergei Gerasenko

Jun 26, 2017, 10:57:59 AM6/26/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
​Hi Ton,

That's uber cool.

Thanks again,
  Sergei​

Sergei Gerasenko

Jun 27, 2017, 8:30:52 AM6/27/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ton,

Curious if you know. There's a .tip macro in the documentation wiki that I really like. I shows a white lightbulb on a blue background. The empty wiki does include the tip image itself (white on black), but not the macro and associated css. What's the easiest way to duplicate that without installing the documentation plugin?

Thanks,
  Sergei

Ton Gerner

Jun 27, 2017, 9:02:44 AM6/27/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergei,

I created an issue at Github about the Docs plugin and searching.

The .tip macro and associated classes can be found in $:/editions/tw5.com/doc-macros.
The classes itself can be found in $:/editions/tw5.com/doc-styles
You can extract the macro and classes or drag & drop both above mentioned tiddlers to your TW.

Cheers,

Ton

Sergei Gerasenko

Jun 27, 2017, 10:37:30 AM6/27/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ton,

Worked like a charm.

One thing that I didn't like about the doc plugin is that it showed this ribbon even when I was trying to edit my own tiddlers:

"Can you help us improve this documentation? Find out how to edit this tiddler on GitHub"

Is that a bug or a feature?

Sergei

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 8:02 AM, Ton Gerner <ton.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sergei,

I created an issue at Github about the Dos plugin and searching.

The .tip macro and associated classes can be found in $:/editions/tw5.com/doc-macros:

The classes itself can be found in $:/editions/tw5.com/doc-styles

Cheers,

Ton

Ton Gerner

Jun 27, 2017, 11:20:03 AM6/27/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Sergei,

Worked like a charm.

One thing that I didn't like about the doc plugin is that it showed this ribbon even when I was trying to edit my own tiddlers:

"Can you help us improve this documentation? Find out how to edit this tiddler on GitHub"

Is that a bug or a feature?

That is the Contribution banner ($:/ContributionBanner tagged with $:/tags/EditTemplate) as used at http://tiddlywiki.com/ to ease improving documentation at Github.
If you see it with normal tiddlers as well it looks like like a bug to me.

Anyhow you can get rid of the banner by removing the tag $:/tags/EditTemplate from $:/ContributionBanner which means the shadow tiddler $:/ContributionBanner has been overridden by your version of $:/ContributionBanner without the tag.

Cheers,

Ton

Sergei Gerasenko

Jun 27, 2017, 11:23:40 AM6/27/17