Rendering static TW

Guillermo Valle

Nov 9, 2018, 11:41:35 AM11/9/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying for ages to get tiddlywiki to render the tiddlers into separate static html files. Like how https://tiddlywiki.com/static.html  itself is made: https://tiddlywiki.com/static/RenderCommand.html However, I just can't. Many different errors come up, or it just doesn't work properly

I just want the tiddlers to look the same as when I click "Export tiddler> HTML", but ideally with the references between tiddlers linked in the right way.

I have tried many commands like `tiddlywiki --render "[!tag[norender]!is[system]]" "[encodeuricomponent[]addprefix[static/]addsuffix[.html]]" text/html $:/core/templates/static.template.html` and with many choices of template. But the best I could get is separate HTML files, but without any styling at all (unlike what happens with "Export tiddler> HTML"). The commands in here https://tiddlywiki.com/static/Generating%2520Static%2520Sites%2520with%2520TiddlyWiki.html don't work, and trying to do the same with `--render` complains that in the TiddlyMap plugin `window` is not defined, and I can't filter that tiddler apparently.

Anyone actually got this to work?

Guillermo Valle

Nov 9, 2018, 3:04:56 PM11/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ok I can get it to work (although I had to remove TiddlyMap for that). The only issue is that I have a custom macro in a tiddler titled `$:/core/modules/macros/3Dmol`, which it complains about when rendering the tiddlers with
tiddlywiki --rendertiddlers "[!is[system]] +[!prefix[$:/]]" $:/core/templates/static.tiddler.html static text/plain

. It says

$:/core/modules/macros/3Dmol:32
var element = $("#"+id);

and there is no way to filter the tiddler... The only thing that works is removing the tiddler from the folder, but isn't there any other way??

Felix Küppers

Nov 14, 2018, 4:06:39 PM11/14/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Did you upgrade to the latest TiddlyMap version? This bug has been fixed a month ago..