TW as static site generator in AWS lambda

Mohammad Rahmani

Jun 25, 2021, 3:54:11 PM6/25/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

TW Tones

Jun 25, 2021, 7:37:29 PM6/25/21
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

I was looking at AWS recently, but also thought I would make use of local storage and changes backup to make the hosted tiddlywiki not appear static.

I discovered also through w3schools.com they now have "spaces", where you can also host wikis for free,
the difference being the URL to your space eg; https://tones.w3spaces.com/ is only resolved if you are logged in making it ideal for personal spaces.

I have a workflow to commit changes to the wiki that accrue in local storage to the index.html all of which I can document in time.

Regards
Tones

Mohammad Rahmani

Jun 26, 2021, 2:15:03 AM6/26/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tones,

 Many thanks for sharing! Interesting!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Mohamed Amin

Jun 26, 2021, 10:28:18 AM6/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks a million Mohammed for sharing such a great article

For me, the following paragraph shows how powerful TW5 is :

Purple News was born out of a client need to track the way several news sources were covering the topic of “Voting” during the 2020 US presidential election. Using AWS Athena to scale up SQL query automation, we extended this concept to track lots of different topics — and used TiddlyWiki-on-Lambda to generate every page on the site!

Regards

Victor Dorneanu

Jun 28, 2021, 3:24:16 AM6/28/21
to TiddlyWiki
This is really amazing. It shows me how easy Tiddlywiki can be used for processing data (especially when you have standard formats like JSON). I've also thought the Lambda flavour/instance of Tiddlywiki would be way more difficult to deploy.

I guess I'll use the same approach to implement some bookmarking mechanism, where I use data exported from getpocket.com, send it to AWS API Gateway which then calls Tiddlywiki Lambda to store the bookmark (or add it to some existing page/tiddler).

Again, thanks for this link!