Reversing Safe Mode

TonyM

Sep 12, 2019, 1:10:17 AM9/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
Folks,

For not clear reason my KEY wiki is throwing an error on load. I am not sure what the last change was but I had to open it in safe mode
Unfortunately in subsequent reloads it remains in safe mode.  All plugins are temporarily disabled. Most customisations have been disabled by renaming the following tiddlers: Which number in the dozens.

This remains after loading the wiki without the #:safe

Unfortunately the documentation does not suggest how to now reverse safe mode. If there a trick or is it a tiddler by tiddler, plugin by plugin, reset?

This has not occured for me very often so I do not recall how to respond.

Regards
Tony

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 12, 2019, 5:31:04 AM9/12/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony

It sounds like you were using safemode with the Node.js configuration, which can lead to data loss (specifically, the tiddlers overwritten by safe mode get saved to the server). With the Node.js configuration you don’t really need safe mode because you can directly manipulate the files in the wiki folder to resolve issues.

I’ll update the docs to make things clearer,

Best wishes

Jeremy

TonyM

Sep 12, 2019, 7:33:49 AM9/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy

I have not resolved it yet. Its a single file wiki I normally access via tiddlyserver but to repair through timimi in fire fox

I have decided to proceed after a good nights sleep.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have a backup but can't determine how much I would loose.

Regards
Tony

Regards
Tony

TonyM

Sep 15, 2019, 7:21:51 PM9/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
Folks,

My key wiki, single file, remains stuck in safe mode. ie there are a set of [prefix[SAFE:]] tiddlers (76) and the sidebar is duplicated with one scrolling and the other not, breaking most items on the side bar.

The only way I see forward is writing a process to rename such tiddlers to remove the safe but I am concerned I then have to live with a large number of overwritten shadow tiddlers that may need not be.

If anyone could provide information how tiddlywiki is supposed to leave safe mode it would be helpful.

I am now getting desperate.

Regards
Tony

TonyM

Sep 16, 2019, 12:05:09 AM9/16/19
to TiddlyWiki
Folks,

I exported all tiddler with Prefix "SAFE: ", then deleted them (Using advanced search filter), I then edited a copy of the export json to remove all "SAFE: " from the tiddler names and imported that changes json into my broken (stuck in safemode) wiki. All seems to be ok and the doco suggests the tiddlers renamed to SAFE would only be already overridden system tiddlers, so I believe I have not overwritten anything that need not be.

My crisis has passed and if someone (else) can make this thread completed I would appreciate it.

However I think there may be something needing addressing as a result of my experience.

Regards
Tony

Birthe C

Sep 16, 2019, 5:35:39 AM9/16/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

I am so glad you solved your problem, Also maybe someone else will have the need to follow in your foodsteps.

Birthe