TW5-Offtopic: Private responses in this groups are not send out by googlemail

Surya

Apr 1, 2018, 10:36:13 AM4/1/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I have a (small) problem here.
When I respond to a person here in a thread (clicking on "answer the author private"), my mail is not send out by googlemail.

Do you know why or what I can do about this?

Thanks, Surya

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 2, 2018, 6:47:18 AM4/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
Nothing.

Private messages can only go "privately" :-) They only go that one person. Also GG groups never sends you a copy of that email.

Josiah

Surya

Apr 2, 2018, 7:06:30 AM4/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Josiah,

I know, that they are going privately to that one person.
I got already some private mails over this group from other persons.
Replying to those mails is no problem- it goes directly over googlemail.
So it seems not to be a problem with googlemail, but with googlegroups or especially with this googlegroup.

And I also have already written 2 mails privately to other persons in threads here in this google group. Successfully.
But: About 7 mails, written privately here in a thread (clicking on "answer the author private") haven't been sent out.

I find this really strange. I didn't change anything.

Surya

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 2, 2018, 7:38:34 AM4/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
Right. The GG private email system is like a black box. You type a message and then "who knows what"? Its never made sense to me. Usually it works but you are never really sure till they reply.

Surya

Apr 2, 2018, 11:29:29 AM4/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
hmm.... :-(

TonyM

Apr 2, 2018, 5:40:07 PM4/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
Surya,

Perhaps other users are like me, I only dwell in the online forum interface and rarely look for email from the group, if the google group mails were of less importance to someone, because they use the forum, perhaps they could miss your private email.

Regards
Tony

Surya

Apr 3, 2018, 6:45:41 PM4/3/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

I am the same- I never look into the mail-notifications of this group. But when I get a private mail over this group from someone I notice it.
I really don't like googlemail....

Well- I'll send you now a private mail to test again. Yesterday I got an answer for a private mail, from which I thought, it wasn't send out.
Please tell me, if you don't get the private mail (I'll send it out in about 10 minutes).
Surya

TonyM

Apr 3, 2018, 7:45:29 PM4/3/18
to TiddlyWiki
Surya,

Email received, and about to be responded to.

Regards
Tony

Surya

Apr 3, 2018, 7:55:17 PM4/3/18
to TiddlyWiki
Oh okay,
then it is maybe, like you & Josiah said. It just doesn't show, that it is send out.
And people just missed them.

With that I can live a bit better ;-)
Thanks! Surya