TW5 - Is there a "Create tiddlers from missing" plugin or script?

David Gifford

Oct 26, 2015, 6:29:46 PM10/26/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all

Is there a way in TW5 to push a button and generate tiddlers for every item in the "Missing" list? Or, more precisely, for the tags that don't have tiddlers?

Dave

Jed Carty

Oct 26, 2015, 7:18:12 PM10/26/15
to TiddlyWiki
This will create all missing tiddlers, but it isn't only tags.

<$button>Do it
<$list filter='[all[missing]]'>
<$action-setfield text=''/>
</$list>
</$button>

David Gifford

Oct 26, 2015, 8:02:27 PM10/26/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Oh my goodness that worked great, and makes me start to get new ideas. Thanks!

Dave

David Gifford

Oct 26, 2015, 8:16:38 PM10/26/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Well, okay I spoke too soon. It does work as advertised, but I assumed that all empty links in the tag pill dropdowns would be listed in missing, since they show up as empty links. But they are not listed in missing. So I still need an action set that grabs all tags that do not yet exist as tiddlers.

Dave

David Gifford

Oct 26, 2015, 8:31:22 PM10/26/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Woo hoo!

<$button>Convert Missing to Tiddlers
<$list filter='[tags[]!is[tiddler]]'>

<$action-setfield text=''/>
</$list>
</$button>

Jed Carty

Oct 27, 2015, 4:13:20 AM10/27/15
to TiddlyWiki
I keep forgetting that is[tiddler] works.
You may want to use [tags[]!is[tiddler]!is[shadow]], from poking tw.com a bit your filter made some existing shadow tiddlers show up. The ones I saw were: $:/tags/SideBar, $:/tags/ViewTemplate, $:/tags/EditTemplate, $:/tags/TiddlerInfo, using this button marks them as modified. This doesn't break anything, but they won't be upgraded if there are any future changes to the core. I don't know if this would affect other plugins or not.

Tobias Beer

Oct 27, 2015, 5:19:14 AM10/27/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Dave

Is this about aesthetics? ...or what's your intention?

Best wishes,

— tb

David Gifford

Oct 27, 2015, 9:10:51 AM10/27/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
@Jed

Thanks for the advice, I will take care of that later today.

@Tobias:

I have an index that shows all topics (ie all tags) as links to real or to potential tiddlers. And all my topic tiddlers display the contents of the note tiddlers tagged with that topic.

So by clicking a button, I create tiddlers for all the tags that don't have tiddlers. This does two things, both aesthetic:

1. Makes the main index links the same color
2. Removes the "Missing tiddler "topic x" - click to create" message at the top of the list of notes for that topic. (It is there if I click on an empty link to that topic from the index)

I suppose it could also be functional in that if I needed to drag the topical tiddler to another file, I would have a link to it already from the index.

Blessings

Dave

Tobias Beer

Oct 27, 2015, 9:29:18 AM10/27/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Dave,

So by clicking a button, I create tiddlers for all the tags that don't have tiddlers. This does two things, both aesthetic:

1. Makes the main index links the same color
2. Removes the "Missing tiddler "topic x" - click to create" message at the top of the list of notes for that topic. (It is there if I click on an empty link to that topic from the index)

I suppose it could also be functional in that if I needed to drag the topical tiddler to another file, I would have a link to it already from the index.

Interesting. So we could / should distinguish missing tags from missing tiddlers (owed to references).

A missing tag is likely a kind of category that is pretty much established as a form of entity by virtue of being a tag. A basic reference pointing nowhere is of a different kind of missing. So, you're essentially eliminating one of these types, manually.

Best wishes,

— tb

David Gifford

Oct 27, 2015, 9:44:29 AM10/27/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
yup!

Best wishes,

— tb

Entaro Adun

Oct 15, 2016, 5:41:43 PM10/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
May I ask if you could tell me where would I enter these tags?