Way to avoid losing (extensive) edits from error on save?

Visto 46 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Linda Moss

no leída,
16 jun 2019, 11:40:3916/6/19
a TiddlyWiki
Hi!

I'm using 5.1.19 on 67.0.2 (on Lubuntu Linux, i3wm).

I should have saved much more often, today. But alas, after several hours of work, I went to hit "save" and got the dreaded

Internal JavaScript Error

Well, this is embarrassing. It is recommended that you restart TiddlyWiki by refreshing your browser

TypeError: can't access dead object

This has happened only occasionally in the past, and what I've done then is open a new instance of the wiki and drag-and-dropped the new/modified tiddlers by hand.

However, this time the edits are so extensive (including some settings changes and other things that don't show up in the "recent" list) that this would be incredibly painful. Is there another way I can rescue my work? (I fear the answer is "no", but figured I'd check).

Thanks!

Mark S.

no leída,
16 jun 2019, 11:45:5116/6/19
a TiddlyWiki
Possibly. You can try using the Emergency Export Save outlined here:

Basically, you're exporting all recently modified tiddlers.

Good luck!

Linda Moss

no leída,
16 jun 2019, 11:46:0816/6/19
a TiddlyWiki
Actually, looking at "[haschanged[]]", to get all the changed tiddlers (including system), I think it will only take me about 10 minutes to fix this by manually moving tiddlers. So, not as difficult as I was thinking it would be.

TonyM

no leída,
16 jun 2019, 19:34:4216/6/19
a TiddlyWiki
Linda

Depending on what failed sometimes you can still save the wiki successfully.

Even more safety may come with local storage in the next version. How ever if the wiki can't load because of something in local storage we will need a new technique.

There is no substitute for automatic backups found in most of the savers.

Regards
Tony

Responder a todos
Responder al autor