How can I hide the author's name in all tiddlers?

Tom

Mar 7, 2018, 7:21:49 AM3/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
Since I'm the only author, it's wasted space, and I'd like to know how to hide it.

The closest I could find was this on an old post, but it's not enough for me to work with.

.tiddler .subtitle {

display: none;

}

Mat

Mar 7, 2018, 8:46:39 AM3/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
You can edit  $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle

but, probably better, do what you started with CSS like so

title: ...
tags
: $:/tags/Stylesheet
text
:
.tc-subtitle .tc-tiddlylink {display:none;}

<:-)

Tom Hales

Mar 9, 2018, 6:30:53 AM3/9/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I've sat down and tried a few things and tried looking at the documentation, but I'm lost.

I even tried making a tiddler called "..."

Where should I use the CSS?
How does the Stylesheet tag come into it?

Jed Carty

Mar 9, 2018, 6:54:57 AM3/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Create a new tiddler, the name can be anything you want.

Give the tiddler the tag $:/tags/Stylesheet

in the text field of the tiddler put:

.tc-subtitle .tc-tiddlylink {display:none;}

save the tiddler and it should be done.

Tom Hales

Mar 9, 2018, 8:04:04 AM3/9/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, tagging it includes it in the stylesheet!

That makes sense!

Thank you Jed.

Tom Hales

Mar 9, 2018, 8:29:52 AM3/9/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
And thank you Mat for the first answer.

The documentation mentions moving tags above titles. Is it easy to move the date the tiddler was last edited to the right of the tags?

AlexHough

Mar 10, 2018, 3:02:59 PM3/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
You could remove the  tag $:/tags/ViewTemplate from  $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle

this option could be one which opens up a learning route into SystemTags.

I think it would  be good to create all the SystemTags and have a description of what they do in their body.
Then, in SystemTags, the list can be created programatically.

The current alphabetical ordering is not so useful for newcomers. I think it could be better to group the View and Edit templates together with the PageTemplate -- perhaps in a tiddler explaining the role of SystemTags in showing and hiding.

I use the {display:none} method myself - only because it is easier to do that than find the ViewTemplate Tag on a copy of TW.com or the prerelease: I always use a prerelease as all the documentation is self contained.

Alex

Steven Schneider

Mar 13, 2018, 1:21:04 PM3/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
Check out http://designwritestudio.com/#Display, which provides buttons to turn on/off tiddler titles, subtitles and tags, and conveniently lists templates. (Written by Hegart, I think, who used to inhabit this group, and was one of the participants in DesignWriteStudio a few years back).

//steve.

Tom Hales

Mar 17, 2018, 7:37:16 AM3/17/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Alex and Steven, both very helpful answers!