Display contents of tiddler as list

Craig Chandler

Apr 9, 2018, 2:13:41 AM4/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, is it possible to display contents of a tiddler as a list, specifically for use in a selection list

ie. have a tiddler "Topic List"

Topic 1
Topic 2
Topic 3

Then in another tiddler be able to Select a topic with something like

<$select field="Topic:">
<$list filter={{Topic List}}>
<option><$view field='title'/></option>
</$list>
</$select>

(above code completely made up)

Cheers

Stephan Hradek

Apr 9, 2018, 2:19:16 AM4/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Yes if this is your Topic List:

[[Topic 1]]
[[Topic 2]]
[[Topic 3]]

Craig Chandler

Apr 9, 2018, 2:30:47 AM4/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ahh thanks, does that mean a plain text list can not be made to work?

Stephan Hradek

Apr 9, 2018, 2:35:04 AM4/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
You could also use my pick plugin and use this in your select:

<$select field="Topic:">
<$list filter="[[Topic List]pick:text[(?gm)^(.+)$]]">

Craig Chandler

Apr 9, 2018, 6:07:22 PM4/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Stephan, checked it out, very handy

Craig Chandler

Apr 13, 2018, 12:01:55 AM4/13/18
to TiddlyWiki
I played some more with this, the above will actually work with plain text, its just the white spaces that throw it off so the Topic list above gets displayed as
1
2
Topic
3

So either have to
1. Use links as Stephan suggested
2. Never uses white spaces in list options, eg. Topic_1
3. encase in quotes also works, eg. "Topic 1"
4. Use a plugin