Saving TW classic in modern browsers

iain

Mar 6, 2019, 1:00:28 AM3/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
I have a number of TW classics files which are still good and working well but I am upgrading my computer and was wondering how to save changes to them as in current versions of FF and Chrome this doesn't seem possible.

I have tried the Timimi plugin but that doesn't seem to work - is it meant to work for all TW's or only the modern TW.

What are the options for saving with modern browsers?

I am not sure how you would migrate a TW classic to the modern TW?

Iain

TonyM

Mar 6, 2019, 1:19:31 AM3/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
Iain,

There are tools for migrating tiddlers from one to the other but those including references to macros and plugins from TWC do not translate.

So Far I have kept my main TWC available through using TiddlyDesktop installed on my laptop. I have then gradually replaced everything in TWC with a TW5 solution and only visit for historical reasons.

You may be able to obtain an older and "Possibly vulnerable" Firefox ESR version to run TWC on - look at a portable apps versions perhaps, I Think the last was FireFox V 52 or so. see https://portableapps.com/news/2017-03-08--firefox-portable-52.0-released

Regards
Tony

David F

Mar 9, 2019, 11:54:50 PM3/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Look at this post for my solution... still going strong a year and a half later.

PMario

Mar 10, 2019, 5:11:35 AM3/10/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,