Freelinks plugin

Joseph Cosentino

May 3, 2020, 6:37:13 PM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello everyone!

I've been using tiddlywiki for probably 4 or 5 months now and love it! I just have a hopefully easy question.

The release notes for 5.1.22 explicitly state that a freelinks plugin was added to show links to tiddlers without CamelCase or double brackets. This sounds great and I wanted to try it out, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to start using it. It's not a plugin on the main tiddlywiki site, like the new menubar is, nor is it listed in the official plugins tiddler. I thought then it might be in settings, but couldn't find it there either in the empty.html version.

I expect I'm missing something silly. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to start using this plugin?

Thank you in advance!

Birthe C

May 3, 2020, 6:51:12 PM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki

Marc Iriani

May 4, 2020, 11:48:27 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi

I'm sssso sorry to be so dumb but i've seen about 3 times people asking how to turn freelinks on and i've tried to follow the links provided as response, but I couldn't manage to activate it :/ Could someone explain how to do it step by step for noobs like me?

Thank you!

Ste Wilson

May 4, 2020, 11:59:20 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Install, save and refresh!

Peter Buyze

May 4, 2020, 12:18:44 PM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
  1. Open Control Panel
  2. Click on tab Plugins
  3. Click on blue button "Get more plugins"
  4. Scroll down the list till you find Freelink
  5. Click on the small green button "install"
How to use
Let's say you have a tiddler entitled Tid 1
Let's say you also have a tiddler entitled tid 2

Now, if you put text in Tid one, and that text includes the words tid 2, TW will show it as a clickable link. So, Freelinks picks up links on the basis of tiddler titles.
Note: in version 5.1.22 Freelinks is case sensitive, and from 5.1.23 that becomes an option.

I hope this helps.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

4 May 2020, 18:48 by rad...@gmail.com:

Marc Iriani

May 4, 2020, 1:35:14 PM5/4/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ok, definitely something was malfunctioning bc i couldnt find the freelinks plugin in my TW so i had to get it from https://tiddlywiki.com/

Thanks a lot!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/M6VTpsa--3-2%40tutamail.com.

Sylvain Naudin

May 4, 2020, 4:16:57 PM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki

Le lundi 4 mai 2020 19:35:14 UTC+2, Marc Iriani a écrit :
Ok, definitely something was malfunctioning bc i couldnt find the freelinks plugin in my TW so i had to get it from https://tiddlywiki.com/

If you run an older TW, for example 5.1.21, it's to be expected, since the URL of library work with the number version, and Freelink is available from start 5.1.22.

Note URL in this capture :

Sylvain

Joseph Cosentino

May 4, 2020, 5:45:38 PM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you, that makes sense. I've always used used the import method to get new plugins, and did not realize that there was a different way of doing it.

Regards!