ANN: Full Text Search 1.1.0

Rob Hoelz

Nov 24, 2018, 11:32:31 PM11/24/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello TiddlyWiki users!

I'm happy to announce the latest version of my full text search plugin, 1.1.0!  You can get it from my site here!

The first thing you might notice is that I completely revamped the demo wiki, providing a lot of examples on how to use the plugin.

This release includes a number of bug fixes, but more exciting are of course the new features.  Among the new features are:
  • You can now tell the plugin to automatically index your wiki's contents upon startup, rather than having to do it by hand every time you load your wiki.
  • Wildcard and fuzzy searches, which were available before, albeit in a limited fashion, are now properly supported.  However, the indexing tricks I had to pull to get them to work properly come at a performance cost, so in order to use them, you need to open the plugin's tab in the control panel and enable them if you want them.
Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

-Rob

PS. Part of the work towards this release involved forking the Jasmine plugin included with TiddlyWiki itself to support Jasmine 3; I can bundle this up into a properly released TiddlyWiki plugin if others would like to use it.  In the meantime, the source for the Jasmine 3 plugin is on my GitHub here.

Mohammad

Nov 25, 2018, 1:06:52 AM11/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hell Rob,

 This is amazing! I started testing it a rather large wiki (10MB) and will return to you with results.
I like the synonym feature which is really great and lets you find those things you forgot!

Best
Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 26, 2018, 5:18:48 AM11/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
Tx Rob. Much appreciated!

In testing it I concentrated on specific usage relevant to me ...

- analysis of a novel chunked into about 4,000 tiddlers each corresponding to a paragraph of the original text

- test one - "identify all Tiddlers with dog related content (puppy, puppies, dog, hound, Mastiff) -> Worked WELL.
- test two - "identify all Tiddlers that mention "Harold" -> Fine but an issue on ordering of results.

I'll make a more detailed comment on your GitHub.

Overall: I think this is very useful but perhaps limited to some use cases? Maybe when you writing more discursive content? Anyway, at least one market would definitely be fiction writers.

Many thanks
Josiah

Rob Hoelz

Nov 26, 2018, 9:14:25 AM11/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah, thanks for the feedback!  Result ordering is something I'm concerned about, so I'm glad you're keeping an eye out for it.  I'm looking forward to your commentary on GitHub!

-Rob

Diego Mesa

Nov 26, 2018, 12:15:06 PM11/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
Wonderful Rob! Thank you for this! I will test and get back to you!

Eskha

Nov 29, 2018, 6:29:08 AM11/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Rob,

Thank you for this usefull plugin.

Would it be possible that you add lunr multi-langage support to your plugin or explain how I could add
lunr-stemmer and language files to your plugin ?

Best regards,

Eskha

Rob Hoelz

Dec 1, 2018, 9:45:02 AM12/1/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Eshka,

That's a great suggestion; it's definitely something I've considered adding!  I don't think it should be too hard to add - I'll set it up for the next release!

-Rob

Eskha

Dec 1, 2018, 4:16:34 PM12/1/18
to TiddlyWiki