SIdeBar Segments in a reveal widget?

passingby

Jul 16, 2019, 9:51:40 PM7/16/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Can it be done, that Site Title, Subtitle, Page Controls, and SearchBar , all put in a single segment  which has a hide/reveal slider for these elements? Basically, only show the SideBar Tabs by default? This way I ll have my SIdebar Menu upto the top right of the screen and would not need a LeftBar (which I installed).

I do not need to see my SiteTitle and Sub title all the time and Search bar is needed only occasionally, but yes I need my TOC most of the time, which would be in a sidebar tab.

passingby

Jul 16, 2019, 11:39:48 PM7/16/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ok, I am not sure if this was the proper way to do this but it worked as intended.

I first made a SideBar Tab tiddler [[Front]] with this as content:

{{$:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/site-title}}
{{$:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/site-subtitle}}
{{$:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/page-controls}}
{{$:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/search}}

So now upon saving I have these segments in a sidebar tab

2. Now I took every of these tiddlers above mentioned, and cloned them, so they are now overriding the originals, and then deleted their '$:/tags/SideBarSegment' tag. Now after saving. The segments on the top right are gone and the tabs have shifted up.

It looks good.

A Gloom

Jul 17, 2019, 12:43:16 AM7/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
Interesting and very tempting-- be sure to post if here if any complications arise...

TonyM

Jul 17, 2019, 7:02:00 AM7/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
That is the beauty of tiddlywiki. You can customize the user interface a lot.

Tony

A Gloom

Jul 17, 2019, 12:14:53 PM7/17/19
to TiddlyWiki

That is the beauty of tiddlywiki. You can customize the user interface a lot.

Tony

yep, like the upside down and backwards subtitle thats above the siki title that my WikiWitchery has-- been waiting for someone to notice it in screenshots << >>