MODULE_NOT_FOUND error with node.js

Mark S.

Jul 25, 2016, 6:42:31 PM7/25/16
to TiddlyWiki
I haven't used node.js for awhile. I updated following the instructions (npm update -g tiddlywiki). Then attempted to launch, and got the following error. What do I do to get it working?

Thanks!
Mark

Error executing boot module $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/edit-codemirror.js:

{"code":"MODULE_NOT_FOUND"}

Error: Cannot find module '$:/core/modules/editor/factory.js'
    at
Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:336:15)
    at
Function.Module._load (module.js:278:25)
    at
Module.require (module.js:365:17)
    at
require (module.js:384:17)
    at
Object.$tw.modules.execute (C:\Users\Mark\Downloads\node\node_modules\tid
dlywiki
\boot\boot.js:695:11)
    at sandbox
.require (C:\Users\Mark\Downloads\node\node_modules\tiddlywiki\boo
\boot.js:654:24)
    at $
:/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/edit-codemirror.js:15:29
    at $
:/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/edit-codemirror.js:20:3
    at
ContextifyScript.Script.runInNewContext (vm.js:38:15)
    at
Object.exports.runInNewContext (vm.js:69:17)
    at $tw
.utils.evalSandboxed (C:\Users\Mark\Downloads\node\node_modules\tiddly
wiki
\boot\boot.js:450:5)

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 25, 2016, 10:47:07 PM7/25/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark

The error message suggests that you've got the latest CodeMirror plugin installed, but that it cannot access "..editor/factory.js", a core component that was introduced in 5.1.12. Things have clearly got corrupted somehow, but it's hard to figure out why.

Do you get the same behaviour regardless of the wiki folder that you're using?

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston

Mark S.

Jul 26, 2016, 1:00:18 AM7/26/16
to TiddlyWiki
I only have the one folder, which is pretty out of date. It could only have gotten the codemirror through the update process, since I've never installed it. Sounds like I would need to start over?

When I create a new folder, and start it with lazy serving of tiddlers:

> tiddlywiki mytestwiki --server 8080 $:/core/save/lazy-all

Tiddlers that I save and reload are missing their content. Is lazy serving supposed to be working? I assume that "non-system" tiddlers are the tiddlers that I create??

Thanks!
Mark