Tabs to render the values from the original tiddler

Fidel N

Oct 14, 2016, 11:55:56 AM10/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hey there:

Does anyone know if there is a way to make tabs show the content the original tiddler would?

The problem Im having is that the code is calling tabs:

<<tabs "weekend handcrafts [[Inbetween games]] Miscelaneous">>

But some of those tabs use the variable "currentTiddler" and they work nice on the original, but display wrong information when imported with the tabs.

Any one could make this?

Mark S.

Oct 14, 2016, 12:08:29 PM10/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
Could you wrap the contents of the various tiddlers in a <$tiddler tiddler="This tiddler"> widget? (Where "This tiddler" is the name of the current tiddler).

Good luck,
Mark

Fidel N

Oct 14, 2016, 12:18:46 PM10/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Mark!

The idea was to have that done automatically by Tiddlywiki. The code im using is the following, and the objective was for every tiddler to show a link to itself for easy edit, even when imported from within the tabs:

Edit: <$link><$view field="title"/></$link>

I could manually add the link to itself for each tiddler as you suggest, but I thought perhaps Tiddlywiki could do this through code? :)

Matthew Lauber

Oct 14, 2016, 12:23:35 PM10/14/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Try importing the attached, then using

<<tabs "weekend handcrafts [[Inbetween games]] Miscelaneous" "" "" "" "TabsTemplate">>

I'm using the templatetiddler functionality of the tabs macro to achieve exactly what you suggest.  It even opens them directly in edit mode.
TabsTemplate.tid

Fidel N

Oct 14, 2016, 12:54:23 PM10/14/16
to TiddlyWiki
Awesome!!!!!
Thank you so mutch this is just perfect!! :D