Official TiddlyWiki plugin library is "Empty?"

JWHoneycutt

Oct 15, 2016, 8:03:47 PM10/15/16
to TiddlyWiki

I am following directions for Standalone Configuration from tiddler:
"Installing a plugin from the plugin library"on TiddlyWiki.com
I open my new Wiki from the Firefox browser (and also Google Chrome)
and hit a wall at step 4 - there is no double chevron to click on

the Search box gives no results, and the tabs suggest there are zero plugins, themes, or languages available.

Did I find something the Core team may be able to tweak, or (more likely) I am just missing something...

Thanks in advance -

Mark S.

Oct 15, 2016, 8:40:59 PM10/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Is  this a standard 5.1.13 full or empty TW?

I've just tried it with a full, empty and older (5.1.11) version and it works every time.

Maybe try downloading another experimentally and see if that works?

Good luck,
Mark

JWHoneycutt

Oct 15, 2016, 9:07:31 PM10/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mark,

Thanks for confirming it works (and the problem is on my end...)

I am using TW5 version 5.1.13 on a MacBook Air at a Starbucks coffee shop. Brand new Empty renamed Wiki.

I have created a handful of wikis and have managed to variably load plugins to them from links I came across. The Wikis behave differently and I am trying to remove the variables. Disabling plugins doesn't make them act normal again, so there must be some system or shadow tiddlers or system settings I've tripped.

So I load a new Starter Wiki, and document EVERYTHING I do to it (1 - rename it, 2 - create a Contents tab in SideBar, 3 - load a test plugin... - NOPE!)

Mark S.

Oct 15, 2016, 11:30:44 PM10/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Coffee shop! You can blame the caffeine! No, really. What is the connection like there? Spotty sometimes?

It looks like if you attempt to load the plugins while the connection is down, and then save (at least with the standard save mechanism), that you will get zero plugins and themes AND after that you are not offered a second chance to pull the list. It's this second part that seems to be an oversight, since new plugins are always coming up.

The settings appear to be maintained in temp tiddlers that hang around and prevent the chevron button from giving you a second chance.

Try deleting tiddler

and seeing if you can now complete step #4.

Good luck!
Mark

Greg Davis

Oct 15, 2016, 11:34:00 PM10/15/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I'm on Windows with Firefox but imagine should be similar to Mac.
When you click on Get more plugins,  do you get:

the chevrons are on the green button.

Clicking that would get you the Plugin Library:

JWHoneycutt

Oct 16, 2016, 1:20:33 AM10/16/16
to TiddlyWiki
Wow, you were exactly correct!

I found the tiddler

$:/temp/ServerConnection/http:tiddlywiki.com/library/v5.1.13/index.html

in the system tiddlers, deleted it, and viola!

the chevrons on a green button appear, instead of an empty search box field.

Mark, Greg, Thank you very much.

And now, the plugin hunt begins...

JWHoneycutt

Oct 16, 2016, 1:24:19 AM10/16/16
to TiddlyWiki

So I learned something here. I tried to access the plugin library before I had acknowledged the Starbucks login screen on a browser. This loaded a system tiddler
which blocked any further attempts to get to the library.

Deleting the system tiddler was all that was needed.

PMario

Oct 16, 2016, 4:43:01 AM10/16/16
to TiddlyWiki
On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 7:24:19 AM UTC+2, JWHoneycutt wrote:

So I learned something here. I tried to access the plugin library before I had acknowledged the Starbucks login screen on a browser. This loaded a system tiddler
which blocked any further attempts to get to the library.

Deleting the system tiddler was all that was needed.

Nice catch!

The next TW version should have a new button, to "close the library" which in turn shows: "load plugin library" again.

see: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/2072 ... Just give the "pull request" some "thumbs up" as a motivation, or even better ... help, if you can!

have fun!
mario