Four mile run

tsm...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2018, 7:16:21 PM7/3/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Has anyone been fishing 4mr this week?
I have not seen it but I'm hoping to get out there tomorrow if the water is not too high.

Yambag Nelson

Jul 4, 2018, 11:19:21 AM7/4/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Four mile run is extremely flashy.  Unless it has just rained, it is never high for very long (other than the tide).

tatu...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2018, 1:51:47 PM7/5/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I was in there a few weeks ago (~1800-2100 hours), low tide into the start of the incoming tide (could tell by my fly line laying in the water).  Nothing feeding on the surface although I saw a ton of fish jumping all around me.  I caught a 5-7lb catchfish on a brown bug-looking sinking lure (cross between a muddler and a crawfish imitation I guess) bouncing it off the bottom.  Put up a great 10-15 minute fight before I could get it to me and get the hook out.  I had a few more bites then went cold.  I tried clousers and other lures but nothing really was biting.  Tried some top water poppers and nothing.

Cheers
Collin

Bill Garrahan

Jul 9, 2018, 4:41:08 PM7/9/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Bill Garrahan

Jul 9, 2018, 5:11:42 PM7/9/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 4:41:08 PM UTC-4, Bill Garrahan wrote:

I caught half dozen bass in the 11 - 13 in range and a perch on Saturday evening (outgoing tide) between the 2 bridges.  There is a rocky bar that runs down middle and I fished weighted white streams stripped slowly over the bar.

Anyone had any success with largemouths on topwater flies  anywhere?

tsm...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2018, 5:34:29 PM7/10/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thx Bill.
That is a great report.
I fished there sunday morning and it was beautiful (in a 4mr kind of way).
I didn't catch anything.

I try to follow your advice soon.