line recommendations

alex gorman

Jun 19, 2020, 12:45:07 AM6/19/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I recently bought a 15ft 10wt soey rod and was wo dering if anyone had any recommendations on lines Its a loop exct thanks

Terry C

Jun 19, 2020, 7:27:29 AM6/19/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
That’s a big stick you have. Rio website has a line finder that you can put the rod info into and they give you recommendations. Most Spey rods have a range. Regan who post here may also be able to help.

Jbilotta@Obassociates

Jun 19, 2020, 8:02:48 AM6/19/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
What are you interested in doing with the rod?

I would give a 600-650 scandi, you might also like a scandi long and a 700-750 skagit long a whirl. A balletic vector 10-11 would be a nice mid belly, if you need that king of line.

John

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 19, 2020, at 7:27 AM, Terry C <flycs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That’s a big stick you have. Rio website has a line finder that you can put the rod info into and they give you recommendations. Most Spey rods have a range. Regan who post here may also be able to help.
>
> --
> http://www.tpfr.org
> ---

Yambag Nelson

Jun 19, 2020, 11:30:34 AM6/19/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thats an awful lot of rod for anything I can imagine fishing for although i know they like the big rods in europe.  I use skagit and scandi heads for my spey rods, but I am under the impression that long belly lines are more the norm for rods that size.

alex gorman

Jun 20, 2020, 7:20:52 PM6/20/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
It is, but at 165 bucks you cant beat that for a loop. i was thinking of the Potomac and at some point taking it to the cape cod canal for stripers