Where would you fish this weekend?

405 просмотров

Scott B.

не прочитано,
20 мая 2016 г., 10:35:1920.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Original plan was to hit Switzer Lake / Skidmore run for brookies. Talked to Colby at Mossy Creek this AM about the weather, and he said conditions could almost be dangerous even with an inch of rain, the lake and streams are already full.

I'm going north to MD I guess! I'm a man of the Commonwealth of VA, but you gotta do what you've gotta do.

Where would you go for small stream trout fishing that won't get rain this weekend? The best suggestion wins, I'll report back on Monday.

Thanks in advance guys!

Yambag Nelson

не прочитано,
20 мая 2016 г., 11:15:0620.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Its going to rain pretty much everywhere within an even remotely reasonable drive.  You're going to either have to deal with the high water or stay home.  Personally I am canceling a trip to Shenandoah.

Scott B.

не прочитано,
20 мая 2016 г., 11:19:5120.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
10-4. I am thinking the same thing, didn't realize until after I posted that the entire mid atlantic would we wet.....oh well...I hate to waste a weekend when the girl is out of town....

Ryan DiAndrea

не прочитано,
20 мая 2016 г., 11:38:5220.05.2016
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I've been aching to go back to Beaver Creek in MD. But I would call Beaver Creek Fly shop to see what the stream is like before driving up there.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Terry C

не прочитано,
20 мая 2016 г., 13:37:3320.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I would look for a tail water and stay up near the head of the stream.

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 10:35:19 AM UTC-4, Scott B. wrote:

ALarge

не прочитано,
20 мая 2016 г., 15:00:5620.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
My girl is also out of town so this weekend was my chance to get out without penalty. Sad to say I'm almost ready to throw in the towel on this weekend, also. I tossed the idea of fishing Mossy Creek, camping in GWNFbut as Scott said, the river is already full, as-is. Tonight/tomorrow's deluge will surely put it above the banks. Same goes to Beaver Creek, MD (or any local spring stream for that matter).

Terry's tailwater comment made me think that Savage River might be fine, but I just checked with USGS and they are releasing 600cfs currently. Plus, it's a haul from DC to pitch a tent in the rain and stay getting rained on for the subsequent 18ish hours.

I'm still thinking about going to Shenandoah, maybe hiking down from Skyline to the first backcountry site I come across at Jeremy's Run tonight. We'll see if that works out, though.

TBH, I'll probably just stay inside and drink beer in my underwear all day tomorrow -another activity I don't get to do on weekends with the girl in town.

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 10:35:19 AM UTC-4, Scott B. wrote:

Scott B.

не прочитано,
20 мая 2016 г., 16:05:1220.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I have to get out and catch a fish.......

What SNP streams would have a chance of not being blown out, assuming you fish as high up as possible off of Skyline? Would piney branch near matthews arm be blown out?
Сообщение удалено

JT

не прочитано,
20 мая 2016 г., 23:23:1720.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The Gunpowder is a tailwater, so less likely to be blown out. But it's also the Gunpowder.

namfos

не прочитано,
21 мая 2016 г., 12:10:4521.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
There are some good lacrosse games on TV this weekend.

;-)

Mark

arthur...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
21 мая 2016 г., 21:00:0721.05.2016
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure if they actually televise lacrosse.  But no worries the NBA playoffs are on! Ha ha J/k Go Cavs!!

Art

Sent from my iPhone
--
http://www.tpfr.org

namfos

не прочитано,
22 мая 2016 г., 09:57:5822.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Quarterfinals on ESPNU at noon and 2:30 today. ;-) I gave up on pro hoops when Latrell Sprewell was traded to the Knicks.

Dalton Terrell

не прочитано,
22 мая 2016 г., 12:19:4822.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Go Heels!

Ashley Frohwein

не прочитано,
23 мая 2016 г., 07:59:3923.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The Beav in MD fished great this weekend. I got bows and brownies, some of which were fairly big, on dries, nymphs, and streamers. I went on Friday and Sunday.

Scott B.

не прочитано,
23 мая 2016 г., 08:44:2223.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'll just leave this here for the naysayers. Went up in the mountains regardless of the weather:

Terry C

не прочитано,
23 мая 2016 г., 08:59:0923.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Well done, I can't believe how clear that water was.  I stayed home and tied flies, should have ventured out.

Forrest Allen

не прочитано,
23 мая 2016 г., 09:23:4823.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I also decided to call the weatherman's bluff this past weekend. Camped in Rapidan WMA, and despite some hassle from a couple game wardens, had a pretty good time.

RapidanBrookie.jpg

namfos

не прочитано,
23 мая 2016 г., 09:56:0523.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
That's brookie's a real beauty.

Mark

namfos

не прочитано,
23 мая 2016 г., 10:00:3423.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Good for Joe Breschi and that he's broken through his 0-8 in the tourney. I'm think ND should find a new coach. Loyola will not be easy for the 'Heels this Saturday.

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 12:19:48 PM UTC-4, Dalton Terrell wrote:
Go Heels!

Carl Z.

не прочитано,
23 мая 2016 г., 12:31:2523.05.2016
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Scott B,

Wonderful video.  I love the missed strikes and then the catch.

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Scott B.

не прочитано,
25 мая 2016 г., 11:37:0425.05.2016
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks, Carl!

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM, namfos <mark....@gmail.com> wrote:
Good for Joe Breschi and that he's broken through his 0-8 in the tourney. I'm think ND should find a new coach. Loyola will not be easy for the 'Heels this Saturday.

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 12:19:48 PM UTC-4, Dalton Terrell wrote:
Go Heels!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
Ответить всем