Rehoboth Report 10/6/17

Nedak

Oct 7, 2017, 9:25:28 AM10/7/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Quick trip to Rehoboth to do some work on the house and had some time for fishing.

Bait fishing-lots of little blue fish in the ocean.  Threw cut bait and immediate hook ups with little 8-12in blues.  I noticed that as the tide changed the fish were in pretty close so I grabbed my 7 wt loaded with intermediate sink tip.  Took a few from surf.  Fun to catch out of the surf.

Also did some night time fishing and landed a couple of rock fish.  This was smallest one estimated at 14'.  Released unharmed.

If you have a chance to head to the beach, the blue fish are everywhere so bring the fly rod and if the conditions are right you can catch them.

Best.