Tarpon in st Maarten

james kammel

Dec 14, 2013, 10:11:36 AM12/14/13
to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com Rodders
Having a blast on island. The tarpon have been cooperative most days.

Nedak

Dec 14, 2013, 9:43:23 AM12/14/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Where?  We are planning spring break at the Westin in St. Marteen.

John Smith

Dec 14, 2013, 9:46:24 AM12/14/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Sweet. Nice to see some silver especially this time of year.

Scott Stankus

Dec 14, 2013, 10:16:21 AM12/14/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Nice, Jim! That's a beautiful fish!

--
http://www.tpfr.org

"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who don't"
photo.JPG

Jim

Dec 21, 2013, 8:16:36 AM12/21/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
There are many places to hunt for tarpon on island.   My favorite spot is under the bridge on the dutch side at night on an out going tide.  I also fish ALL the beaches.  Real good snook action in the waves are down.  Bellair beach is good one of the better for tarpon.  If you can't find them on the beach, the salt pond and fresh pond are good urban fishing locations.  Think 4 mile run but for tarpon.  Feel free to hit me up directly if you want more specifics