Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Evan Griffis

no leída,
6 dic 2016, 13:42:396/12/16
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hi All,

I searched the forum but couldn't find any recent results for classes. Do yall have any recommendations on where I could learn the basics on fly fishing?

I have plenty of experience fishing the Bay (born and raised in Annapolis) and a little freshwater experience in lakes of the Adirondacks (mostly for bass), but as I understand it, fly fishing is a whole other beast.

Yambag Nelson

no leída,
6 dic 2016, 14:43:026/12/16
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Call the orvis in Arlington.  Pretty sure they offer classes that are either free or inexpensive.

Dan Kozel

no leída,
6 dic 2016, 16:51:286/12/16
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Orvis offers a Free 101 and 201 class that kicks off in the spring sometime. They also offer 101 and 201 fly tying classes that should kick off in January. In the mean time check out the Orvis learning center at http://howtoflyfish.orvis.com/
Good luck!

cjthelder

no leída,
9 dic 2016, 19:28:429/12/16
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
You can also check out Orvis videos at http://howtoflyfish.orvis.com/video-lessons and at http://howtoflyfish.orvis.com/video-lessons.  It isn;t the same as being there in a class, naturally, but quite instructive both for beginners and to refresh ourselves once in awhile.

FWIW.

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:42:39 PM UTC-5, Evan Griffis wrote:
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos