Snakeheads

alex gorman

Jul 24, 2013, 1:23:08 PM7/24/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
All, any recommendations on places to fish for snakeheads.  we will be wading no boat.  any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Aden

Jul 26, 2013, 1:13:22 AM7/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I usaually have good luck at little hunting creek by mount vernon.  Plenty of parking at the park.  I don't fish in the  creek but by the lilly pads to the south of the bridge abutting Mt. Vernon's property by the duck blind.  Although, the Hydrilla hasn't really grown in yet so it is not that great yet, even for bass.  Also, Cranes Creek in Pohick Bay at Mason Neck State Park usually produces.  I talked to the Rangers today and they said the grass has grown in nicely.  Big bass there too.