Dickerson?

Lane Thurgood

Dec 11, 2017, 3:30:15 PM12/11/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Is anybody still fishing Dickerson in the winter?  There is very little info to be found online.  I know they had agreed to cease operations a few years back and had read that their warmwater discharge had come to an end.  And the last time I tried it a couple of winters back, there was no warmwater coming out and fishing was very slow.  But I recently read that the power plant had asked for a two-year extension.  Anybody ventured the drive recently?  Or have any better intel?

Thanks!

Misha Gill

Dec 14, 2017, 5:10:49 PM12/14/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The time I tried it last winter the water was not warm and I didn't catch anything.

Joshua Vandamm

Dec 16, 2017, 8:40:17 PM12/16/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
They do but mostly locals. The only way to know when the warm outflow is going is when the stacks are smoking.

If anyone who works there would just post that schedule for fisherman they’d get 100,000 favors owed. Lol