Sunday Forecast

Tim Donaldson

Jul 28, 2017, 8:06:36 AM7/28/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
If you'll believe the weather reports for 48 hours out, Sunday looks glorious!  Anyone fishing?  I'm thinking it'll be high chocolate milk water across the board.

San-Eou Lan

Jul 28, 2017, 1:19:25 PM7/28/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'm thinking about heading down to 4 Mile Run on Sunday. I just got back into fishing, so I'm looking for any opportunity to practice.

Yambag Nelson

Jul 28, 2017, 5:58:00 PM7/28/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I don't know how fast it drops, but four Mile run is a torrent right now. Can't imagine it being fishable Sunday considering we are supposed to get more rain.

Carl Z.

Jul 28, 2017, 9:17:31 PM7/28/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
The higher into the watershed you go, the faster the rain will have worked its way out.  Maybe brookie fishing in SNP.  And if fishing doesn't work out, you can mud slide down the trails :)

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Tim Donaldson <timdon...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you'll believe the weather reports for 48 hours out, Sunday looks glorious!  Anyone fishing?  I'm thinking it'll be high chocolate milk water across the board.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

TurbineBlade

Carl Z.

Jul 29, 2017, 5:14:05 PM7/29/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Gene,  Are you mud sliding?

Actually it was a nice day today.  I wish I had gotten out.

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 7:48 AM, TurbineBlade <doubl...@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree with Carl --

On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 9:17:31 PM UTC-4, Carl wrote:
The higher into the watershed you go, the faster the rain will have worked its way out.  Maybe brookie fishing in SNP.  And if fishing doesn't work out, you can mud slide down the trails :)

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Tim Donaldson <timdon...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you'll believe the weather reports for 48 hours out, Sunday looks glorious!  Anyone fishing?  I'm thinking it'll be high chocolate milk water across the board.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

http://www.tpfr.org

jcav...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2017, 10:47:03 AM7/30/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
anyone go down to four mile this morning?

tsm...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2017, 2:02:30 PM7/30/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Does anyone have any news on the current state of 4 mile run? I wonder if it is a big muddy mess after all of the rain.

I see bass and NSHs every time I visit.

Also, I'm trying various streamers yet to get a solid hit.......any fly recomendations will be appreciated.

I may sneak out there at 6.
I find it challenging to wade this water but I plan to keep trying and hope to figure out the tricks of 4 mile run.

I may also get up there one evening this week.

San-Eou Lan

Jul 30, 2017, 4:55:28 PM7/30/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The water was really brown where it meets the Potomac, but it's pretty damn crystal clear around the outflow.

Rob Snowhite

Jul 30, 2017, 7:57:26 PM7/30/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Low tide today. Aftermath of storm. Plenty of fish. Substrate is super bright from algae being washed away. Shoreline at MtVernon took a beating. Stream bottom shifted a lot. Sand bars where there weren't any before. Log jams that weren't there prior.

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.png