Fly FIshing at the Navy Yard

Daren Purnell

May 17, 2015, 8:37:04 PM5/17/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have experience fly fishing at the Navy Yard?  I'm planning on going out this evening around Nat Stadium and Diamond Teague Park.  Thanks!

Yambag Nelson

May 18, 2015, 10:08:52 AM5/18/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Did you have any luck?

Bob Sivinski

May 19, 2015, 9:41:42 AM5/19/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
What, in the Anacostia?  I work at the Navy yard and it's never occurred to me to try to fish there.  It's pretty disgusting.

Brian Cohen

May 19, 2015, 9:48:43 AM5/19/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
There is a kayak and canoe rental shop right there by the ballpark - open on Thursdays, Fridays, and weekends.

If you have enough time you can row over to Washington Channel, which apparently has some excellent bass fishing.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Daren Purnell

May 24, 2015, 11:01:47 PM5/24/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
No; not really. I caught a few white perch by the floating pier where they launch canoes, but nothing else.

Justin Schiavone

May 26, 2015, 8:00:53 AM5/26/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. I gave it a go at lunch a little bit ago. The Shad were even here and I stil saw no action.

Daren Purnell

May 28, 2015, 8:18:26 AM5/28/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking about taking a canoe to the Maryland side