Holmes Run - worth a trip?

Michael Landy

Jun 20, 2016, 5:19:48 PM6/20/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I haven't seen much activity around Holmes Run in some time, I think that last post was: Gang members convicted of murders in Holmes Run Park.

Planning taking a quick trip this weekend, has anyone been recently? Probably start near the Barcroft dam and hit some of the pools heading down stream.

Casey Peltier

Jun 20, 2016, 5:22:09 PM6/20/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Personally I park at the other end (Chambliss Road) and work my way up. You get the best pools that way and don't have to worry so much about your car.

Casey Peltier

Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:19:48 -0700
From: michael...@gmail.com
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Holmes Run - worth a trip?

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Ashley Frohwein

Jun 20, 2016, 6:19:10 PM6/20/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Probably not.

Rob Snowhite

Jun 20, 2016, 7:18:26 PM6/20/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Warm water species this time of year. Tiny bass, bluegill, eels, etc.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 6:19 PM, Ashley Frohwein <ashleyf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Probably not.
>
> --
> http://www.tpfr.org
> ---

Gadsden Merrill

Jun 20, 2016, 9:15:29 PM6/20/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I hate to say it, but I love fishing Holmes run. I went four days in a row a couple of weeks ago and only met two other people who even looked like they were thinking about fishing (one said he caught a snapping turtle...).

So many bluegills, but you can watch and catch a bunch of stocked trout too. You don't even need waders which is a huge plus in my book. If you live nearby I'd say it's definitely worth a trip.

Michael Landy

Jun 21, 2016, 9:17:54 AM6/21/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. I'll circle back to everyone know how it goes. Hoping to get out to the next Beer Tie as well. Cheers