Raising Shenandoah Entrance Fee to $70?

瀏覽次數:477 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

namfos

未讀,
2017年10月25日 上午10:07:142017/10/25
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Trump Administration Proposes Raising Shenandoah Entrance Fee to $70

Gregg DiSalvo

未讀,
2017年10月25日 上午10:29:192017/10/25
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Many visitors are willing to pay slightly more for season passes etc as I did this year with the price hike, but surely the administration can find other ways of raising money or investing in the parks that won't drive away visitors or supporters.  IMO we cannot foster love and admiration for our natural world (and in turn, conservation efforts) by reserving the right of entrance to those who have a more disposable income.  I just think the administration should look to make budget cuts elsewhere as they clearly see the necessity to have a functional budget for the NPS, but shouldn't put it on a small group of citizens and price out a huge chunk of others.

Thanks for sharing Mark!

There is a comment period so I encourage all to express their views (whatever they may be)

Dalton Terrell

未讀,
2017年10月25日 上午10:32:032017/10/25
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Mark,

Thanks for sharing this. I'd encourage any visitors or potential visitors of Shenandoah National Park to consider leaving a comment on the proposed fee increase here: https://parkplanning.nps.gov/document.cfm?parkID=442&projectID=75576&documentID=83652

The comment period closes November 23, 2017.

The NPS website has more information regarding the fee increase here: https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1207/10-24-2017-fee-changes-proposal.htm

This would make the entrance fee $70 for a vehicle, up from $25, and $75 for an annual pass, up from $50. The nationwide national park pass should stay at $80. With these new fees, it might become impractical to visit Shenandoah for one brook trout fishing trip but it would still be sensible if you're visiting multiple national parks or Shenandoah on a regular basis.

Dalton

Charlie Church

未讀,
2017年10月25日 上午11:00:242017/10/25
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Wow, that's an absurd price hike.

Comment has been left.

Yambag Nelson

未讀,
2017年10月25日 上午11:49:492017/10/25
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
They are such scum.

Casey Peltier

未讀,
2017年10月25日 下午3:16:522017/10/25
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

And this is to make up for the inevitable budget cuts...someone has to pay for all those trips in private jets.