4MR Report

Jamie Carracher

Aug 5, 2017, 6:01:06 PM8/5/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
With all the rain we've had, I thought I'd give 4MR a try today. My hunch was everything else would be too muddy. Such a gorgeous day. I got there around 9:30. It got pretty windy and the current was pretty strong (for that area, anyway). I targeted a few spots that had shelter and ended up getting three major bites, including one that broke me off. Here are two of the bass I caught -- my biggest largemouth to date.

I wasn't expected anything too big and had a good fight on my 5 wt. I actually followed a tip from Lefty in an article posted here and used a smaller wooley bugger with a bunch of legs and pretty much just let it dead drift into some dark spots. The ironic thing was I didn't see any other fish. I'm not complaining.

IMG_2197.JPG
IMG_2198.JPG
IMG_2199.JPG

Owen Williams

Sep 16, 2017, 8:34:05 PM9/16/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Jamie, I've never fished 4MR--where do you park and wade in?

Thanks,
Owen

Nicholas Gurley

Sep 18, 2017, 8:02:35 AM9/18/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Owen, try to Google Map the 4MR park. I think it takes you to a nice little roundabout. I park there on the dirt, then walk across the bike path to the water.

Owen Williams

Sep 27, 2017, 7:09:15 PM9/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Awesome, thanks for the tip.