Tuesday shad

JKunic

Mar 27, 2017, 5:21:18 AM3/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I will be fishing at Fletcher's Tuesday rain or shine. I have If anyone is interested I can throw in my extra yak.

Let me know

-Joe

Eric Lowney

Mar 27, 2017, 10:20:35 AM3/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
What time?  I was thinking I might try to get out around 5pm for an hour and a half or so.  I also have a kayak, but I need to check with my parking garage to see what their rules are if I put it in my truck bed (hence making the truck an extra 5' long and taking up 2 spaces)

JKunic

Mar 27, 2017, 12:53:28 PM3/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I will be there around 10am after the morning rush and fish for 3-4 hours.

Eric Lowney

Mar 27, 2017, 8:40:21 PM3/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Ah, I won't be able to go that early with work.  I called fletcher's and they said that I can't launch my boat there, do you mind telling me where it is that you put in?  I'm also thinking maybe just fish from shore at chain bridge, but I'm still searching the forum to figure out where to park.

Andrew M

Mar 28, 2017, 12:31:07 PM3/28/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
What kind of boat? Most private boaters put their cartops/rafts/etc in at the end of the parking lot on the rocky beach by the river debris piles. If you have a boat boat then you have to use one of the marinas downstream.

nateliv...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2017, 7:21:00 AM3/29/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
It took me a while to figure out the best parking spots as well. I've attached a couple file that I threw together that should help you determine what's best for your situation.  FYI, the hike under the bridge from the towpath to the water is the more adventurous route.

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8:40:21 PM UTC-4, Eric Lowney wrote:
Parking Option 1 and 2 VA Side_Map.JPG
Parking Option 1 DC Side_Map.JPG
Parking Option 1 DC Side_Street View.JPG
Parking Option 1 VA Side_Street View.JPG
Parking Option 2 DC Side_Map.JPG
Parking Option 2 DC Side_Street View.JPG
Parking Option 2 VA Side_Street View.JPG

Eric Lowney

Mar 29, 2017, 8:21:55 AM3/29/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for the detailed maps!  I ended up using your 'option 2' and going under the bridge to fish off the rocks at Chain Bridge.  My 'boat' is just a kayak, so I think I could probably park at Fletcher's and launch if I can find that path.