St. Petersburg, FL Spotted Seatrout

HermanyorFlorida

Aug 4, 2014, 10:47:31 PM8/4/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

I was in St. Petersburg, FL for vacation a week ago. I went fishing with Neil Taylor of Strike Three Kayak fishing.  Neil, by his own admission, isn't a fly fishing instructor but can guide fly anglers, recommend patterns and has his own box of flies if you don't have the right pattern.  As you can guess, it's a tough go this time of year in Florida with the sun and heat. I ended up catching about a dozen spotted and silver seatrout on spinning gear, but did get my biggest fish of the day on a chartreuse and white clouser on intermediate line, pictured below: