Hopp til første uleste melding

The Shad Hammer

ulest,
8. mai 2018, 20:55:1708.05.2018
til Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I just got permission to go to Fletcher's early Mother's Day morning...will the shad still be there?  Predictions?

The Potomac bumped up above 5 ft and is coming back down, the water temp is near 70 degrees and the turbidity is going up.

Yes, I do have a shad problem, TSH

Mark Binsted

ulest,
9. mai 2018, 09:45:2509.05.2018
til Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I think you'll be fine. The new water charged up the hickory shad run yesterday for those with a lot of patience. Once turbidity improves it should be good for American shad again, if not as spectacular as last weekend. Higher water temps will become a factor, but the last shad caught in 2017 was on June 11.

From what I've seen, your problem might be contagious.

Mark

The Shad Hammer

ulest,
12. mai 2018, 09:09:1212.05.2018
til Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks Mark.

Looks like the turbidity and water levels have settled down.  Still not sure how I'll make this up to my wife but I'm fishing tomorrow.

My best to all the Moms out there, Stevie

Mark Binsted

ulest,
12. mai 2018, 12:03:0912.05.2018
til Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
River is improving slowly. I caught two Americans last night and they looked tan in the murky water. Sunday should be good.
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye meldinger