surprise on the game changer

westbrid...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2018, 9:06:35 AM7/11/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

My weekly routine this month, since my boss is in the Hamptons,  is to hit the tidal basin before work..  Its has been consistently producing a few small bass a day,  but today i got a little better fight

Scott Stankus

Jul 11, 2018, 9:08:14 AM7/11/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Good fish - that had to be exciting!

--
http://www.tpfr.org

"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who don't"

N Elgas

Jul 17, 2018, 11:15:06 AM7/17/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Here is the rest of my Tidal Basin haul from last week.   The low tide in the mornings this week are starting things off slower,  but hopefully I can hook up with one of those submarine Carp this week since i can spot them during lowtide...not sure how I will get one 6 ft up over the seawall,  but I guess i will figure that out when I get there.  I am normally there from around 630/7 to 8/30 if anyone wants to join me.

stevea...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2018, 7:02:34 PM7/17/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Maybe this is a good place to ask - What sort of rig do you use for fishing the basin? Do you fish the bottom or do the cats bite a little higher up in the water too?

westbrid...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2018, 7:31:55 PM7/17/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
This was just on a fly rod, 12lb mono straight leader. Streamer worked along the walls. Can't help you on bait rigs, never bothered in the basin. I drift the river in a kayak when I want cats.

Ben Cole

Jul 18, 2018, 1:38:03 PM7/18/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
what part of the basin were you on?

N Elgas

Jul 18, 2018, 2:21:29 PM7/18/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
over by MLK

Chris James

Jul 19, 2018, 2:59:41 PM7/19/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Caught a snake head this afternoon by the MLK memorial on a black game changer.