Montaulk NY Fall Fishing

peter odell

Jun 24, 2018, 7:51:06 AM6/24/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Anyone have a great guide for the Fall Frenzy of the end of Long Island? (major migration from north to south)

My friend and I did last year,and caught some great false albacore (15 lbs) that were amazing - surface casting after finding them.  Guide was marginal, and we're looking to try again.  We can do mid-week, so easier to schedule.

We'd like to find the trifecta of striper/rockfish, bluefish, and false albacore

any pointers appreciated.

Pete

Lane Thurgood

Jun 25, 2018, 1:29:51 PM6/25/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Andrew Derr: 212-495-9062.  I fish with him pretty much every year.  We got blown out last year, but I'll be back this fall.

DontCallMeEd

Jun 25, 2018, 8:11:22 PM6/25/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

I would also recommend Andrew Derr. Not only is he a good guide, he's also a really cool dude who is easy to hang out with.